C8 won't pair Centralite (Cube) Outlet

I have a C8 hub that I migrated to from a C5. My C8 hub has several Centralite (Cube) outlets but when I go to pair another one to my C8 it never finds it. The outlet is factory reset using the manufacturers instructions. Zigbee is on Channel 20

Can anyone confirm this is an issue with the C8 hub?

If it's a v1 it's a known issue.

1 Like

Thanks. Saved me from pulling my hair out anymore than I did. LOL

Check this in the future for the release you're using...each release will have a "known issues" topic. Very helpful.

The CentraLite 3-series outlet (which this sounds like) is not an Iris v1 device, nor did they ever make any that I know of.

2 Likes

Ah yes, I missed the "cube" comment. If it's like this below it's not v1 and should pair w/the hub.

I have several on my mesh, they appear to be fine, but haven't had to try to re-pair any of them.

The one I have is a Centralite 4257050-RZHAC which is cube shaped. The original outlet SmartThings put out (2014?) was more rectangular and was replaced with the Centralite I have now.

I have those that migrated from my C5. They work fine, its when you go to pair a new one that you run into problems

1 Like

That's the one I was thinking, or perhaps one of a couple variations they have that look the same. Definitely not Iris v1 profile if it worked with SmartThings, and all I know of are standard Zigbee HA 1.2.

Yup, that is where some issues w/C8 have arisen. I'll see if I have one of these that is just sitting there, not repeating or anything plugged into it, and if so I'll do an reset/re-pair attempt.

On the zigbee details page, click rebuild network then do a power cycle and see if it pairs then...

Did the repair. Tried to pair and it just sits there. The hub never sees it.
The whole thing seems odd, they obviously work because I have a bunch that migrated with no issue.

I am having other zigbee issues with devices falling off (like many others) but fail to understand why there is so much difference between the C5 & C8. I almost wish I could go back because I had zero problems before. Oh well! I guess that's progress! LOL

Well temporarily you could remove the problematic zigbee devices and then reset the zigbee radio on the old hub (a must so it doesn't interfere with the new one, also make sure they aren't on the same channel) then re pair the devices on the old hub and then use hub mesh to bring it together. Sure it's not ideal but perhaps do that and test out as zigbee updates come up and see if it's solved.

Main ones that are probably related:

1. External antennas - changes shape and strength of signal
  2. Zigbee 1.2 vs. Zigbee 3.0 - new chip

Overall s/b an improvement/upgrade from C5, but HE team needs a little time to work out these types of issues that weren't discovered in their internal HW testing.

The problems I am having are primarily older zigbee devices. Along with the Centralite outlet, I am having problems with the SmartThings multi sensor V1. These are the ones that take the AAAA batteries. I have have 6-7 of these and all but one have stopped reporting battery, temp, axis but still work as a contact sensor. I also have several Visonic MCT-340 E sensors that stopped sending battery reports. Oddly enough, unlike many others, all my Philips Hue motion sensors work without issue. Go figure

Exactly...my confusion level is very high about this stuff. Most users, luckily including myself, have minor issues that are very manageable or go away. Others have problems ranging from annoying to making their hub almust unusable. I haven't seen any clear patterns myself, and don't envy the HE staff working through what's going on and why some users are dealing w/the problems they have.

My Visonic are fine, AFAIK, execpt for one that got stuck on "Open" until I re-joined it. I will go double-check battery reports, but Device Activity Check hasn't identified any of them as not reporting...

I have two of those - I believe I bought them as SmartThings devices but the data matches yours. Both of them made the leap from C-7 to C-8 and have been working (and doing much of the routing) for the last week.

• endpointId: 01
  • application:
  • firmwareMT: C2DF-0001-12005010
  • manufacturer: CentraLite
  • model: 4257050-RZHAC
  • powerCluster: 0B04
  • softwareBuild: 12005010

and

• endpointId: 01
  • application:
  • firmwareMT: C2DF-0001-12005010
  • manufacturer: CentraLite
  • model: 4257050-RZHAC
  • powerCluster: 0B04
  • softwareBuild: 12005010

If this is the same design as the Centralite cube made for Iris, it is probably both a Zigbee switch and a Zwave repeater. Is it possible you are resetting the Zwave component rather than the Zigbee?

It is not. The only outlet I am aware of that has ever done this are the real Iris outlets. The Centralite branded ones that look identical only are Zigbee.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.