C8 Migration & LAN integration apps - "Lutron Integrator" is one?

Just confirming my understanding of "LAN Integration apps" in the C8 migration instructions...

Screenshot 2023-06-18 at 5.51.18 PM

I do not believe the HE built-in 'Lutron Integrator' app is a LAN integration app because there is no reference to the HE hub's IP anywhere in the Lutron IOS app.

True statement?

Thanks!

Nope. LAN integrations do not imply reciprocity.

So your Caséta Smart Bridge Pro and Caséta devices show up in Hubitat via a LAN integration. But the reverse isn’t true.

Same is true for HE built-in Hue integration app?

So, these two apps should be disabled?

How?

This instruction does not seem to apply to Lutron or Hue, for that matter...

Edit: Found it.

I should say, I found the Disable checkbox for apps.

...But, not for Drivers.

Is it even possible to disable a Driver?

You can disable them if you want; Lutron and Hue just don't need to be. Saying to do it for everything was easier than giving a list, though most of the "offenders" are cloud. :slight_smile: (But it can still be a good idea to eliminate lots of load on your hub trying to reconnect everything at once the first time after you restore the backup; if you go one-by-one, as suggested, you'll have an easier time finding which thing was a problem if there is one.)

Disabling devices (disabling its driver from running) is similar to apps--select the "X" button in the top right of the list to hide/show the "Disable" column first if you don't see it.

@david4 Don't bother disabling it, it will migrate fine.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.