C8 Migration Hue Motion Sensors not working [Solved] (hub replacement)

Oh, that's interesting Amazon actually updated the description to say "Old" -- that's a relatively recent change.

Also interesting that Home Depot isn't showing any Hue motion sensors anymore.

@kahn-hubitat - please let us know what Hue ends up sending you -- I get the feeling there's some kind of bottleneck with the new versions since none are available at either Amazon or HD.

1 Like

no idea and probably not a bigee since i had the old version that was working.. but since i am paying for a new one i figured i may as well get the latest

well if my totally removing the existing device and re-adding works and hue sends me an older version i will complain and return it.. lol

1 Like

...and I just made a liar out of myself. Re-tried 8, and the GE Plug's reported LQI remained at 231, but its outCost went to 0 (meaning, the C-8 seemed to be receiving the plug fine, but the plug wasn't indicating that it still heard the C-8). Setting 12 got the outCost back to '1' again.

I also bought the Philips Hue outdoor motion sensor directly from the Philips Hue website. Here are the Device Details on my new sensor:

• firmwareMT: 100B-011B-02003506
  • manufacturer: Signify Netherlands B.V.
  • model: SML004
  • softwareBuild: 02003506
2 Likes

oooh, SML004! The plot thickens :sweat_smile:

ETA - I ordered one too (to replace my 002)- I couldn't resist.

1 Like

my existing one is sml002 so i imagine it will at least be newer than that.. it doesnt show sw or firmware number.

Just tried re-pairing a Sengled outlet that had dropped off... went into discover mode and it told me there was a Hue outdoor motion sensor that had previously joined. Eventally showed the Sengled outlet too but it was nonfunctional after re-pairing. I tried a few more times and was finally able to get the Hue sensor NOT to show up and the Sengled outlet TO show up. Once that happened the outlet appeared to start working again.

My old Hue Outdoor motion sensor (now removed and sitting on my desk without batteries).

Device Details:

• firmwareMT: 100B-010D-42006BB7
  • inClusters: 0000,0001,0003,0406,0400,0402
  • manufacturer: Philips
  • model: SML002
  • outClusters: 0019
  • softwareBuild: 42006BB7

we shouldn't have to order a new one since old was working 100% on c7... brrr
but for 50 bucks if it alleviates all this tension and futzing.. its worth it to me..

i now have to go check the stupid sensor every day to see if i am still getting temp reports.

1 Like

I doubt thats necessary, I have 2 SML002s, one that works flawlessly after migration to the C8 and one that drops connection a little over 2 hours after re-pairing. Both on the same firmware also.

easier to just keep the c7 running!

1 Like

Not really. More complexity with hub mesh and usb backup. And another to update firmware reboot and that can fail.

I'm starting to thing that completely removing my outdoor sensor and then repairing it in place was what got it working again. That and maybe rebooting the zigbee radio. I think the couple of days in between when it was paired to the C-5 (and worked flawlessly) was only significant because it meant that it was completely removed from the C-8. I'm really grateful for "Swap Apps Device" in settings for letting me swap it in and out of all of my RM rules that use it.

This is probably totally unrelated... last night as I was getting the house ready for bed, half of my Hue lights — on a Hue bridge — suddenly became unresponsive. The Hue bridge reported them as unresponsive also. There didn't seem to be any pattern of which lights it was. For example, 3 of 5 kitchen lights and 2 of 6 dining room lights were unresponsive while the rest were fine. Rebooting the Hue bridge got everything working again.

FWIW the Hue bridge is on zigbee channel 11 and the H-8 is on 20 (that's where the H-5 was before). I don't recall this ever happening before. Or if it did, it was long ago. As I said, it's probably just a coincidence.

arghh.. deletng device made it even worse. it dropped off within an hour,.

at least before it lasted a day or two.. now i can re-pair it and found in place.. but nothing works ie not configure or anything. repair zigbee doesnt help

Update!

Cranked my Zigbee transmit to full as I'm in an environment absolutely packed with interference. I'm now nearing day 3 without a single Hue sensor drop. So far so good.

I should also mention I work from home, so I'm around these sensors 24/7. They are working great for now.

1 Like

I just saw this. I only have one Hue outdoor motion sensor, but I noticed it fell off after the upgrade. I reset it, and let it get rediscovered and has been fine since.

I thought that was the solution. I moved one back to my old C7. Worked great for about 2 days. Then......... Totally confused now.
I am slowly moving them to HA and sending events back to Hubitat. So far so good (touching wood)

I'm convinced this is all (or at least, primarily) a firmware issue that started sometime in the week or two before the C-8 launch...

I first ran in to all this pairing-related weirdness when I tried to re-pair a couple Hue bulbs I pulled off HE to update firmware on. That was all still back on my C-7 a couple/few days before the C-8 was announced.

Hi -- I am experiencing the same issue. Any insight on how to resolve?