C8 issue

I replaced my "slave" and mostly z-wave hub with my new C8. Everything is good so far but for one thing. I have most of the devices on my C8 available to my mani hub, a C7 via the hub mesh. I did the update on the main hub and the mesh seems to be working BUT I cannot control one switch , a zooz double plug from the main hub. The main hub can see the status of it but not turn it on and off.

I can control it from the C8 just fine. Before I mess with it too much, does anyone know what might be going on and the best steps to take?

Thanks!

Easiest thing to try might be to remove the switch from Hub Mesh on both ends and then reshare it.

1 Like

I have had this happen from time to time and a reboot of the hubs solves the issue.

This, I asked a similar question is this thread, reboot of hubs seems to be the only way to get it going.

1 Like

I've also noticed that sometimes you just have to let it sit for a while after a reboot, especially with multiple hubs.

Rebooted both hubs, no NO mesh at all

Give it like 5 min and see if they come back.

1 Like

It is back up now, thanks!

As Brad mentioned it takes a minute. I have a hub that holds all my rules. After I boot all my hubs I then go to the device page of the rules hub and just keep refreshing the page until I all the offline devices go away. That hub has hub meshed devices from all my hubs. It usually takes several refreshes, or just wait 5 minutes

I have a reboot rule, triggered by a switch shared to my Dashboard and Homekit, that reboots my 2 satellite hubs, then waits 10 seconds and reboots my main hub. This seems to help avoid the delay in seeing the mesh reconnect, as I rarely see the dreaded โ€œdisableโ€ boxes next to devices after a reboot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.