Hub Mesh Re-Sync device

I am in the process of moving all my devices to my new C8. I currently have two hubs for each end of the house. I migrated my C5 to a C8 which covered the south end and I want to move the C7 from the north end into my Shop and replace the C5 I currently have out there.

The C5 to C8 migration went ok, a couple of hiccups but all seems to up and running now. I am now moving devices one at a time from the C7 to the C8. All of my rules are on another C7 and all devices are tied to it via hub mesh.

So I first remove the device from hub mesh, and then from the C7 and add it to the C8, that is pretty straight forward. I then re-enable hub mesh for the device on the C8. Then on the C7 I go to the device page of the linked device and in the drop down that says keep current link I set the device to link with the new setup on the C8. This works as expected. The device then no longer shows as Offline.

In almost every instance, however, I can make changes to the device on the C8 and the hub mesh linked device will update, but it will not go the other way, until I re-boot the C7 hub. I have tried re-syncing and re-saving the device but nothing I do seems to get the hub mesh connected page to update the actual device. Once I re-boot the hub everything starts working. Is there a trick to getting the devices synced other than re-booting?

I have seen the same. Almost every time, a reboot is required after a device has been “moved”.

Tagging @gopher.ny for awareness. Probably not a huge priority considering this will only happen when changing device links and rebooting is a quick workaround.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.