C8 Inaccessible after reboot over the LAN

When I reboot my C8 device, it becomes inaccessible after 2 hours over the LAN. I have reviewed the past logs and there are no events in the logs.
I have 2 C8's on my network and only have this issue with my newest unit.

Any advice?

Did they change IPs, i.e. did the DHCP lease expire after 2 hours? Can look for the MAC using
arp -a

1 Like

Please check this post and provide as much of the requested info as possible. There are specific asks for this exact situation.

1 Like

Model of Hub - C8
Platform/firmware on hub - 2.3.7.145
The C8 is unreachable

How is it connected to the LAN? - Ethernet --- I have not tried WiFi
Static IP set on Hub or DHCP - DHCP
DHCP Reservation set on Router/Server? - Router
How is Hub being powered? Supplied power block or other (explain). - Power block shipped with device.
Brief explanation of network topology. - Flat network, plugged into a switch which uplinks to the firewall (same network/switch as my other C8)
Brief explanation of firewall / DNS / DHCP services. - UI Dream Machine firewall which is my DHCP server and uses internet provider DNS
Is Jumbo Frames enabled anywhere on the LAN? - No
How many devices total (approx) and mix between Zwave, Zigbee, LAN/Wi-fi - 0 on this unit, waiting to resolve this issue.
What user / custom integrations are you using for LAN/IP/Cloud based connections? - none, base install
Screenshots of Past Logs from the incident, and also of any errors being generated recently. There are no logs, past or present.

Please let me know what additional information you need.

Regards,

When it goes offline what is the LED on the hub doing? Should be either Green, Blue or flashing Green/Red

Would it be feasible to swap the switch ports between the two hubs? Not sure if your switch has any sort of configuration that could be applied per port where this could come into play? Just thinking if some old config was set on the port you connected to new hub to it could cause an issue.

The light is Green, I have connected the hub to 2 separate switch and 2 different power supplies.
This is a new C8.

Results of the arp -a ???

My other C8 is not having this issue.

Regards,

For the arp -a,

The MAC (34-e1-d1-81-99-52) is not in the arp table when it becomes unavailable.

Regards,

I would start a warranty claim:

Since the hub is new with nothing on it, it is not some sort of app/driver issue.
Since you have another C8 in the same environment with no problems I would assume it is not a networking issue on your end. Thats why I suggested plugging it into the SAME port as the working C8 (as a test).

Only other logical option would be hardware issue.

1 Like

Testing in the other C8 Ethernet port now.

Regards,

I tried the same Ethernet port and Power Supply and have the same issue.

I will create a warranty request.

Regards,

Which do I choose:

None really apply, I guess hub has no power. Not sure if it matters.

@helveyj Download angry ip scanner.

Delete the DHCP reservation in your router. Reboot your router.

Press the network reset button on the bottom of the hub for 7 seconds with a paperclip or toothpic (It will be the only round hole in all of the sqaure ones)

When the light goes back to green go to http://hubitat.local and see if you can get to the hub.

If not run angry ip scanner and see if you can see the hub on the local network.