Not sure what’s up, but I migrated everything from my C7 to my new C8 yesterday, and everything was working hunky-dory – until today.
It seems that most every zigbee SENSOR and MOST of my Zigbee switches/plugs have stopped communicating.
I’m running 184.108.40.206
Zigbee channel 24 – has been for years
I have rebootedthe hub, rebooted Zigbee radio, rebuilt the zigbee network, raised the power from 16 to 20, lowered the power from 20 to 12, shut down/removed power/waited/powered back up – all to no avail.
I have a LOT of zigbee contact sensors that have stopped responding. If I factory reset them and repair them, they get recognized and the light goes green for a few seconds, then back to blinking blue, then solid green, then blinking blue…eventually the add device fails out claiming a bad zigbee network.
Yes, my old hub was powered off before the new one was powered on.
I have a variety of Contact Sensors - mostly SmartThings devices. Even new ones won't pair. I have other brands that also won't reconnect.
Frustrated, I have removed the C8, and returned the C7 to service. MOST devices have immediately returned (including my SmartThings Contact Sensors), but a few seem to be "lost" forever - I may have to repair them.
A new release is in progress, probably next week, that includes more fixes for Zigbee issues. You may want to watch how that goes and decide if you want to try another dive into your C8. I'd wait until then if I was you (and if I was me).
Is the hub still powered on and online (with radios disabled in this case)?
I'd like to take a look at the engineering logs as long as bringing the hub up will not interfere with the network running on the C7.
I’m curious - is there a way to get the C8 running the latest code before restoring the C7 backup? Or is that necessary?
When I migrated, the C8 booted up in a release several dots behind what the C7 is currently running (and it was backed up with that more current release also). I couldn’t upgrade the C8 until it had rebooted with the backup - could things have gotten sorrupted by that (temporary) version mismatch?
I would think that you could unscrew the antennas, bring up the C-8 and immediately disable the apps and then the radios. Then @gopher.ny could check the engineering logs before you do a soft reset and update the firmware. I updated to the latest firmware version on mine before migrating the cloud backup from my C-5. I wonder if your C-8 was running the legacy Zigbee stack since that fix was in a recent update. My C-5 was still on the new Zigbee stack from a beta last year and that seemed to transfer to the C-8.
I restored my C7 migration backup and then updated the FW on my C8 when it arrived, so it shouldn't matter, didn't for me and others who reported doing it in that order. So that should not be a source of problems for you, my C8 has been (mostly) running fine, and as of .121 has been pretty much normal again.