C8 Doesn't Connect to Wifi Network After Wifi Reboot

I have a Nest Pro Wifi mesh system. My C8 is connected to my main point via wifi on a reserved DHCP. My network is set to reboot every night at 2am. This is my second C8 and it is exhibiting the same behavior where it is unable to reconnect to my wifi once my network restarts. I have pinged [myip]:8080 and [myip]:8081 and no connection. In addition, I have went into my router and looked at all of my connected devices and the Hubitat is not showing as any of my connected devices.

In my log it is throwing 8 consecutive entries for my Ikea Zigbee repeater when my router is offline in its reboot phase: route info- Destination:This Hub, Next Hop:This Hub, Status:Inactive

Is this the reason why my Hubitat is unable to reconnect to my network?

Little help please!

Probably a bug on the hub where it does not reconnect, this is a sort of common problem.

Workaround could be just have your hub reboot at 2:01 so it reconnects.

Here is an app to reboot it for you: [RELEASE] Hub Rebooter App

1 Like

Can I ask why you reboot your mesh WiFi network every night?

3 Likes

@jtp10181 - Thanks for that app! I was looking at it and wanted to exhaust all options before I also go the hub reboot route. Though...I thought there were firmware updates to fix the wifi reconnect when a network comes back online ¯_(ツ)_/¯

@marktheknife - I've noticed wifi performance degradation periodically. The usual reboot clears out the cache or whatever is hindering my network.