C7 - Release 2.3.9.162 - HomeKit stops working

HomeKit is still failing on this release after a day or two with all Z-wave devices shown as not responding and requires a reboot of Hubitat. No other changes to my network. HomeKit used to be rock solid back around 2.3.9.138, if memory serves me.

Others are having the same experience with recent Hubitat releases, see this thread:

and my specific issues here:

@bobbyD , if it would be helpful to provide more info to assist in diagnosis, please let me know.

Would you be able to help us narrow it down by reverting to previous known "rock solid" version from the Diagnostic Tool to confirm that your HomeKit experience remains as solid as it used to be? If it does, then we can investigate what has changed. If it doesn't, then we would know that the recent updates aren't the problem: Hubitat Diagnostic Tool | Hubitat Documentation

They may need to know more about your setup.

Do you have any apple Home Hubs? (ATV or Homepod's)? If so, what kind and how many?

@bobbyD I upgraded to 2.3.9.164 yesterday and so far I haven’t seen unresponsive devices in HomeKit. I’m unsure if there is any difference between .162 and .164 regarding HomeKit but I’m going to let it run for a few days and see if it remains stable. The hourly restart is still enabled at this time.

1 Like

I have one ATV-4K on my network connected via GbE.

Please keep us posted. There was a change to improve HomeKit connectivity that was added in .162. No other changes have been made post 162, though our engineers are still exploring other ways to make HomeKit accessories more resilient to potential network disconnects.

1 Like

@bobbyD The HomeKit integration was working fine until today and then devices displayed the “No Response” message. I see that 2.3.9.166 “Tweaked Bonjour announcements to improve HomeKit connection stability,” so I’m going to uprgrade from .164 to .166 and see how that goes.

1 Like

I’m having the same problems with HomeKit but I was running 166.

Every 6-12 hrs all the devices become unresponsive until I reboot the hub. Restarting HomeKit doesn’t resolve the issue.

Today I rolled back to 162, so far so good.