C7 hub stuck booting when update attempted

Please provide your hub model (C7, C8, etc.) and its platform version from Settings>Hub Details.

Check out the following post for help troubleshooting problems and gathering details that will help others to identify and solve the problem you are experiencing: ‼ READ FIRST - Before Posting in Get Help

I was trying to upgrade Upgrading from 2.3.8.128 to 2.3.8.138.
The download failed (this also happened on my C8 but not on my other C7 which upgraded first time)
I did a reboot (this having resolved the situation on the C8) but with no results.
So I try a soft reset followed by a local a successful local restore and tried the update again it failed to download again.
In the past I had some success with a soft reset followed by reregistering the hub then upgrading the firm ware before doing in a database restore. Something went wrong and when it rebooted the name ended up "My New Hub" instead of "Hoxton3" and it was stuck in

I Have tried rebooting from diagnostic with no change, I have tried reverting to the version with no change I have power cycled it it is just get stuck in the getting started screen every time.
I can not reload it from a cloud backup as I can not get past this screen.
Please help

Update:
by going directly to the setting screen I could change the hub name to "Hoxton3" and reload an old backup from my pc so that the hub now works, Only I can not upgrade it to the latest version as was my original problem that caused ne to try various option that end with the locked up load.
SO I probably should change this topic to unable to download latest update!

In network settings, change your ethernet connection speed, if it is auto set to 100, if on 100 try auto. That usually is what causes slow/failed update downloads.

All the resets and whatever else you tried would have no impact.

1 Like

Thanks Jeff
That seems to have work though I do find it odd that it worked for ages on one setting then suddenly doesn't. Weird but I guess that's technology nowadays, it makes perfect sense until it doesn't.
Thanks Again
Rick

Has the hub been moved or changed what port/switch it was plugged into? That could be why the need to change that setting has come up. The reason that option exists is that for some switches it works better on Auto, and other switches it works better on 100Mbs fixed.

Hi
No changes to the connections but on examining the router log I noticed the Service provider had pushed a firmware update down to it. So that might be it.
Cheers

2 Likes