C7 Hub. Cannot pair/control Fibaro Switches

I tried ericm's driver and I get the same as you. Does not work.
I have Motion Sensors, some work, some don't. Some join securely, some don't.
I have a 223 that is using the in built 'Fibaro Switch' that turns on and off but does not updates its state. I have to put a refresh in my piston so that it updates its state. I have another that turns on and off ok but does not show any state at all.
I have a 222 that does not show it's state but turns on and off OK and a dimmer that does what it should OK. None of the previous user drivers now work. Unfortunately it's a complete mess around the Fibaro stuff.
I have left it connected as I get it to work but I have turn off command optimisation in my pistons so that commands get sent regardless as the state being displayed/not displayed could be completely wrong.

@mike.maxwell can you please clarify what the situation is with the C7 z-wave devices.
Fibaro stuff is just not really usable at the moment.
Is there some sort of fix coming. I really need to know if I need to revert everything back to my C3 hub, which it all worked perfectly on, or not.
Thanks.

2 Likes

I concur. Going to go back to the C5 that worked most of the time and return the C7.
Too much hassle. Can't understand why newer hub is less compliant than the older tech. I guess I had high expectations. Maybe the C8 or C9 will cut it better...

Hub was just released. Issues are going to be fixed. Doesn't make sense to just ship it back. This isn't uncommon for any manufacturer, no matter the size or number of employees that issues are not found in test groups or engineering before release. The number of Z-Wave devices out there are just too great and the variables are too wide to expect that an issue couldn't exist. No one should have that mindset.

Hold tight. It's in Hubitat's best interest to make things work smoothly, so you can rest assured that the issue is being addressed.

1 Like

Thanks for the update and my breath is bated waiting. :wink:
What would have been good though was some sort of update in either a new thread or as a response to the threads that are reporting issues.
Just my twopence worth.

1 Like

your point is well made however, I bought the C7 as Fibaro devices didn't run smoothly 100% of the time on the C5. (Even more unreliably on the Smartthings platform LOL). I'll keep an eye on the forum and purchase again when all reports are good with Fibaro devices. I was so close to buying the Fibaro HC3 hoping it would be 100% reliable but way too much money and lots of issues being reported on it too.

OK, you do you. I personally wouldn't think of buying something that is updatable and after only a week just throwing my hands up and sending it back instead of giving them a chance to resolve the issue.

Keep in mind this hub is running a completely new Z-Wave chip. It's not like there are hundreds of examples of the 700 series running out there. There's no comparing this to the C-5 running a 500 chip and expecting it to just be the same out of the gate. The capabilities that exist with the 700 series Z-Wave cannot be duplicated on the 500 series. That means new firmware had to be created by SIL. Whenever there's something new, there of course could be undiscovered issues that were not found in testing. As you report yourself, the companies that have been at this a lot longer than Hubitat are having issues too.

I get your point. I bought this in the hope it would run my heating system with 8 zones better than my existing set up. I know some people are in this for the hobby along with a bit of convenience and control but Iโ€™m in it for the opposite reasons - control and reliability first, hobby and entertainment second. Have to keep the other half happy if you know what I mean :rofl::joy:

1 Like

Ah, I came here after having a bit of an increasingly crap time over with Samsung. Bought the c7 and was quite excited about the whole thing.

Bit of a pain that the fibaro ubs, implant (probably), and the dimmer 2 currently don't work properly.

Any news on an ETA for a fix? I have currently 'hidden' the hub from the wife and the plan was to migrate everything, do a new dash, and when everything's finally just working (which always seemed a bit of a challenge with ST) then to break the news to her on the new purchase.

If I've jumped ship, spent the cash, and things still don't work, she's probably going to pull my nuts off.

5 Likes

:rofl::joy: I know that feeling

Any updates on this old thread, I've just installed 20 Fibaro Dimmers on a new C-7 and they are buggy as hell.

States shown incorrectly, lost commands in the mesh, failed nodes during repairs.... if I ask for 5 devices to turn off, I can almost guarantee a 50% failure rate, random success individually via a dashboard.

I've not been very active on the forums lately as I've been doing a re-build / re-wire, should I bother wasting any more time with HE or just send it back for a refund whilst I still can?

Are they joined with S2 Security / S0 Security or None?

S0

I couldn't find any options to connect any other way

I would assume that would be your problem. If no window popped up during inclusion then they probably joined S0. If a screen did pop up I would exclude re-include and uncheck all the boxes.

Having 20 repeating devices that are joined S0 would more than likely not play nice with your zwave traffic causing the bugginess as S0 devices send 3x the amount of data as devices joined as none.

I was thinking the same, but no window popped up.

I only saw that window once, when adding an Aeotec Siren (S2)

Randomly, one of the Fibaros connected with none... no idea why as it's in the same central panel as all the other modules.

Your only other option from what I gather is you can search the forum for how to join the devices as none using an external zwave stick and zwave software, I've seen users doing this for the Zooz 4-1 Motion Sensor, and a few others.

1 Like

I'll consider getting a stick then, thanks.

Would the external stick that came with my old HE do the trick?

I would assume yes, but I cannot confirm for sure, hopefully someone else will confirm

I would highly recommend the Aeotec Zwave Stick though if you were in the market as they have an internal battery that allows you to carry the stick with you and exclude devices by operating the button on the stick,

1 Like

Here is the link for adding a device without security.

1 Like

Well, I have spent literally an entire day 8am-21:30 messing about with a z-stick and PC Controller.

I must have reset / shutdown / power cycled the hub 300-400 times, hard reset the hub 20-30 times, reset the zwave radio 20-30 times, excluded and/or factory restored various Fibaros 100 times, clicked refresh, repair, discover, remove 1000 times.

The methods described in the Zooz and other threads work in part, but I found that I had to put the hub, my laptop and z-stick all within 1 foot of the fibaro modules at the same time. Getting them to appear in the zwave page using the secondary controller was easy, but getting them to actually produce a device entry for control was a nightmare (involves exclusing the z-stick, the reboot hub, then random clicking of refresh and discover in the zwave page). I finally have a working method though, and have connected 12 Dimmer 2's so far.

Initial testing is positive, an all off command now works instantly, with no missed devices.

Just a shame that HE cannot build the non-security inclusion functionality of the z-stick into the hub, would have saved a lot of headaches.

Main bank of 12 Fibaros are now good... yey

Remaining 8 Fibaros are scattered about, so involves moving the hub and my laptop (which has no battery) to 8 different locations, some are in dark corners of the roof space surrounded by itchy insulation :scream:

1 Like

From my understanding it's actually a limitation placed upon by Zwave/Si-Labs on the new 700 series chip, it is out of the control of Hubitat to correct, Zwave/Si-Labs must do it.

Glad to hear you're making progress though

1 Like