C7 fault

Hi

I bought a Habitat C7 Dec 22 to replace a Vera unit that had failed.

I also bought a Fibaro double switch in Feb.

The unit is working BUT the zwave range is rubbish. The old unit worked everytime straight away. This unit controls zwave units a couple of meters away straight away but 10 meters away and its really slow and sometimes just wonโ€™t work just coming up with the egg timer. The relays further way work sometimes.

I have used a TKB plug to experiment to test the system to ensure its nothing else. Moving it away and then back again.

The system is controlling lighting, with a pir switching the relay which then turns 5 lights on outside. It can take 20 seconds or not work at all. The old unit worked straight away. This is a step backwards. It also controls 3 hot water tanks to use cheap rate electric as EDF in france have a system which makes a feed wire from the meter live when its cheap rate. I have to check every night and morning to check the tanks are on or off as meant to be. Not really an automated system.

I have old Fibaro relays FGS 221 which have been a nightmare to install on the habitat where as the old vera system recognised them as dual relays with no need to do any additional setting up.

I bought the new relay to ensure this was not the issue. It has made no difference.

The Habitat is using the latest update which has changed a few times since purchase. Every time I hoped it would sort the problem out but has made no difference.

What can I do to make the system work like the old vera.

Kevin

Can you post your z-wave details page in it's entirety?

1 Like

Sorry I don't understand.

In a browser go to yourhubip>>settings>>z-wave details and screen shot the whole thing and paste it here (take multiple screen shots if it's large) Use windows snip tool.

This:

Thank you. I understand what you were after now.

Looks like 6 ghost nodes, and 5 devices paired with S0. No wonder you are having issues!

2 Likes

as this is a C-7, have you also updated the z-wave firmware?

1 Like

Yeah you have 6 ghosts, no wonder nothing is working correctly. You need to remove them so your mesh is clean. Click the refresh button then when it shows click remove and wait. A prompt may come up asking for force remove, say yes. Another issue you have is all those fibaro sensors pairs as S0. That's an extremely chatty protocol and those devices should be re paired with security. (You may need a z-wave stick to do that)

2 Likes

On the units or the hub?

Hub is on the latest update.
I didn't know you could update the modules.

Were you able to eliminate the ghosts?

Yes I think so.

System is still not responding sometimes.

My test plug which is very close to the hub is now not working.

I just didn't have these problems with the vera and it was easy to setup.

Same modules worked fine. I have even bought some new modules just in case that was the problem, but these are behaving just the same.

The reason you are having issues is because of the ghosts. Do you see all those devices with DISCOVER next to them and nothing in the route column? Those all need to be removed. Your mesh is a mess

Also those devices with s0 should be paired as none