C7 2.3.1 and Z-Wave Firmware 7.17.1

Tile Master is can only be used with the built-in HE Dashboard App. So, I'm not sure why you think it requires something else.

2 Likes

There is an Attribute Tile Template:

2 Likes

Tile master simply makes a tile to add to your dashboard. It's not a dashboard in and of itself. As to what @thebearmay says, the HTML attribute will display many attributes.

1 Like

SLabs just also released a new version (7.18.1.0)

1 Like

I thought that was released a while ago

1 Like

It looks like that SDK (4.1.1) is about a day old.

I did think the 7.18.1.x was released a while back? Maybe even 7.18.2??

But, there are these release notes:

Z-Wave and Z-Wave Long Range 700/800
SDK 7.18.1.0 GA
Gecko SDK Suite 4.1
August 17, 2022

7.18.0.0 Pre-Certified GA released June 8, 2022

I want the latest bugs!

5 Likes

It mentions this:

A node that is waiting for a routed_Ack frame will ignore it, if it the routed_ack frame was received before the silent_ack from the first hop if the routed frame. The result is additional transmitted frames creating an unnecessary overhead.

I wonder if that will help with systems that have a "large number" of devices? Some of the latent issues with things wigging out when a lot is going on.

But, it appears the BIG issue is from 7.17.2 GA:

Large network becomes unresponsive using 700

1 Like

Absolutely!! :wink:

I'm looking for the SilLabs UZB stick 7.18.1 OTW FW update file...why? Why the heck not!? :smiley:

In the case of Z-wave, I'd gladly take the bugs I don't know if it means they might fix the ones I do know!

6 Likes

I got an email from SiLabs recently, they are currently working on redoing the zwave controller. Won't that be fun?

2 Likes

I feel like I should anticipate it like I anticipate the experience watching a disaster movie. :wink:

5 Likes

Or a colonoscopy.

4 Likes

@bobbyD @bcopeland so last night my zwave network became incredibly slow and was taking 30 seconds to respond to a motion detection event. So I rebooted my hub and nothing improved. So I did a database clean and another reboot with no change.

To resolve this issue, I had to power down the hub completely. Obviously doing a clean shutdown, and then after about 30 seconds I powered back up and things are all good again.

Is this issue related to the reported bugs in the current Zwave firmware? And would it be resolved by upgrading to a newer SilLabs firmware?

This is a pretty rare occurrence, but I can think of two or three times this is happened over a period of about nine months. It’s certainly dramatically reduced in frequency since we got the most recent Zwave FW upgrade from Hubitat.

PS my hub was working just fine and my Zigbee network was working just fine at the time this occurred

I have the same thing happen every now and then as well.. its definitely much better since the 7.17.1 firmware.. but there is still something off every now and then

2 Likes

Some time back I had a really bad slow down on my hub related to Z-Wave - turned out to be a low battery issue on a Honeywelll T6 Z-Wave thermostat. Maybe check battery levels on your battery powered Z-Wave devices to ensure they aren't very low/dead, and/or not reporting.

3 Likes

I thought that might be an issue too, but all my battery powered devices have plenty of juice and pretty fresh batteries in them.

1 Like

@bobbyD @bcopeland Another one is out!

2 Likes

I suspect @bcopeland already knew about it. :wink: Z-Wave is his playground. :smiley:

Good to see that they hit release on 7.18.2. Hopefully it will test out well and come to us in a future hub Z-Wave FW update. :clap:

6 Likes

Well it seems to work okay on the UZB-7s and secondary controller functions via PCS etc so there is that... :smile:

1 Like