C5 former user

I’m a former c5 user and left due to speed, reliability, slowness, daily reboots needed.

How is the C8 Pro ?

The C8 Pro has a faster CPU and more RAM, but there are many reasons why you could’ve been having issues while using your C5 that faster specs won’t necessarily fix.

You’d probably have to go into more detail for others to have a better understanding of what the problem(s) could have been.

7 Likes

It’s a heck of a lot faster, however, if you load it up with LAN apps, you can still make a big dent in its performance.

I still run a C7 just for my high load LAN apps (eg my Powerwall and Solar system with 1 minute polling intervals).

1 Like

I have a C5 that is speedy, reliable, and never requires a reboot. I am sure the C8-Pro is faster, but it's definitely not necessary for full functionality. I would hazard a guess that you're previous experience was related to a badly working 3rd party integration.

5 Likes

I'd humbly suggest you search through the forums. While I love to see Hubitat sell more devices and remain sustainable. I think that can only happen in an environment where people are coming in with eyes wide open and have properly set expectations. This helps to avoid the "not what I expected" and posting of negative reviews which can have a severe impact. It can take 40 happy customers to "undo" 1 negative review, due to the fact that happy people reportedly post at a 1 in 10 rate.
And honestly I'm dying to try the C8 pro, when I already have 6 hubs(WTH is wrong with me??) that I'm generally happy with.

I tend to agree with @dJOS and @marktheknife , you have some yet undiagnosed problem. I have a C5 that is happily chugging along

2 Likes

Thanks.

I picked up a c7 off eBay for cheap to give it a test again.

If you run into any problems after setting up your C7, the community is here to try to help identify the underlying issues in your environment.

5 Likes

Thanks.

It’s a couple weeks out and I’m in the process of moving to a new home.

Hope to play around with it sooner or later.

2 Likes

Was this a "new" unused hub or one that had been used? If used, then I hope the previous owner wiped his/her information so you can set it up.

We will see.

Is there a way to have it reset if not?

https://community.hubitat.com/t/how-to-factory-reset-after-buying-a-used-hubitat-c7/102989

Get the diagnostic tool updated first (instructions at bottom of article), then perform a full reset. I would do this as the first step before setting up any used hub even if it looks like the prior user already reset it.