C-8 SharpTools PSA!

Hey guys,

I wanted to bring up something that wasn't fully explained in the C8 Migration documentation, specifically regarding "Internet Based Integrations" like SharpTools.

So, when you import your new hub into SharpTools, it works fine and automatically selects the same devices you had checked in your C-7 hub. However, it's not so easy when it comes to migrating your dashboard tiles over. In fact, you have to recreate every single dashboard from scratch, which is a major pain.

I've been working on this for the last few hours and it's been quite a struggle.

Just wanted to let you all know.

2 Likes

Thanks @thebearmay! The linked post covers it, but here's a link to the official help article for reference as well: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This doc is being constantly updated as users discover new things with various apps (and other pieces that might matter when migrating), and there's been a link to the SharpTools docs on this for a couple days now, so I don't think is the case anymore: How to Migrate to a New Hub | Hubitat Documentation. (It could have not been noted if you read this a while back.) However, the feedback is certainly appreciated!

I see others have also directed you to the SharpTools information on this subject directly.

Good luck with the rest of the migration!

3 Likes

Yup my bad! Sorry everyone!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.