C-8 Hubitat Unresponsive (can't find hub in app)

In absence of anything obvious in your hub's logs, I was going by what details you offered:

Nothing that was said about Zigbee (bulbs) is incorrect, and if you experience issues with Zigbee devices, those could be the root cause if Zigbee devices go unresponsive.

Also, I pointed out early on in the thread that Asus router could be your problem: C-8 Hubitat Unresponsive (can't find hub in app) - #8 by bobbyD

1 Like

Well, that's on you :slight_smile:

You cannot account for every single combination of things, For instance, using a POE splitter with a unifi POE switch and a C8 pooches the z-wave. Tell me, how are you supposed to account for that? You can't..

Not all ASUS routers as a lot of people have asus routers and the c8 works fine. There is an underlying combination of hardware and settings at play. Again, not something that can be accounted for.

Also are you still using those cree bulbs? They are also zll 1.2. And while compatible with hubitat, they too should be isolated to their own mesh not on the same mesh with ZHA devices... (Though to be fair, cree is horrible)

2 Likes

You’re right, I’m not saying that information was wrong, that was just not the issue I was experiencing. Again I don’t fault you on this, misunderstanding happen. I was just saying I’m still having issues with the C-8 being unresponsive. I can’t ping it, can’t access it through the app, nada.

That would not happen because of the Zigbee devices right? Currently, the feedback I’ve seen is that the issue is chalked up to the Asus network. For what it’s worth it’s essentially an out of the box configuration. I have two networks one for guests and one for myself, and the reserved DCHP as suggested earlier. I’ve not done anything else with it.

Can you un-reserve the IP? Also, most of my Asus problems started after assigning clients to specific access points. Have you done that, by any chance? If so, can you unbound the Hubitat hub?

@bobbyD

Everything is un-reserved and I've gotten the new Hubitat C-8 from Amazon. It's connected to the main WiFi AX6600 mesh router, it's set up and logged in. I've added all 5 Sylvanias Bulbs and 2 Third Reality Switches.

Current issues I'm seeing:

1. Access in the app is limited,
    A. I do not see the devices under light/switches. I go to settings to "Select Hub" and it says Loading Mobile Devices but eventually gives me the Error "Time out waiting for mobile app devices".
    B. Under tools "Purchase Remote Admin" button is showing versus the "Connect to Hub" option.
    C. Under tools " Hub Diagnostic" button still takes me to my old hub IP versus new hub.
  2. The light bulbs and 2nd gen Third Reality Switch do not get device types automatically. Only the 3rd gen Third Reality Switch pulled in a device type. I’m currently using Generic Zigbee Bulb and Switch, is that how it should be set up?
  3. My old hub is found under the Find Hubs section
1 Like

Did you omit to unregister your old hub before sending it back to Amazon?

Yeah I followed the instructions given:

go to my.hubitat.com and deregister it, then reset both zigbee and z-wave radios, then do a soft reset

Here is something that didn't help me resolve my Asus disconnects, but may help you. Note that even Asus acknowledges that they have an incompatibility problem with IoT devices in general:

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042475/

You should isolate those away from any other zigbee devices.

Did you create a dashboard or are you talking about the rooms feature? If the rooms feature in the app that is very limited. You should create your own dashboard. For programming in general, don't use the app, it's unweildy. Use a PC.

That is for use when not on your local network. If you don't want to purchase remote admin, simply set up a VPN...

Make sure you deleted your old hub from my.hubitat.com and make sure you can see your new hub there. You may also have to log out of the app and log back in..

go to my.hubitat.com and delete the hub.

The issue is that the Connect to Hub button is missing and replaced by the remote button (like you would see when you’re not connected to your network). Fixed with logout and logging in. Update: getting error again see details below.

Once they create an issue, I’ll explore this more. Haven’t been an issue.

There is a button in the app called “Lights/Switches” that’s not showing any devices like it did with the previous hub. However, this was fixed by logging out and back.

@rlithgow1

Logged into the hub today to see if it’s responsive and both hubs are showing again.

@bobbyD
Huh unresponsive again: lasted approximately 1.5 days.

Is it unresponsive right now? If that's the case, it might be an easy fix. Your hub is connected to the cloud at this moment, which means that your mobile device may be connected to a different network.

It’s working now, I think this situation one was user error, for some reason my phone connected to the guest network. I’ve set it up so that shouldn’t happen again and will let you know if things change.

On another note, I am still seeing two hubs. Anyway to get remove the old one?

Also there is the outstanding question of what device types should I use for my bulbs and switches?

Have you rebooted your networking equipment? Almost looks like your router is hanging onto the old device. I think that find hubs thing is doing a local network discovery, so something is telling it that hub is there.

1 Like

I have not and will do that now.

Having both show is likely a cached timing for the app. Eventually will clear. No need to do anything.

Good to know, fwiw I reset the routers before I got your message and the old hub is still showing. Can you speak to the request below?

1. The light bulbs and 2nd gen Third Reality Switch do not get device types automatically. Only the 3rd gen Third Reality Switch pulled in a device type. I’m currently using Generic Zigbee Bulb and Switch, is that how it should be set up?

App's cache, not browser. Yes, the Generic Zigbee Bulb/Switch would work best.

That should have read routers not browser, is there a way to reset the app cache?