C-7 Z-Wave Repair

I've seen that before. Consider doing a graceful shutdown, pull the power cord for 30s, and boot back up.

Yep, I've tried that. No joy. Interestingly, the zigbee log page works fine.

Don't know then. I've always been able to get it to work after fully resetting the system.

It's a live log... it's empty when you first open it.. it grows as ZWave messages occur.

It 'deserves' the same message as live logging: "--- Live Log Started, waiting for events ---"

I understand that. That's why I said above that I've waited hours and nothing ever shows up on that page. The live log page works (as far as I can tell) and so does the zigbee log.

I started mine to verify my words were accurate and indeed, I began getting results after a minute or two. I understand that 'works for ME' isn't a great help.. but it does say that you're correct in that it SHOULD work as described.

1 Like

Thank you, @csteele , appreciate your time.

This is probably crazy, but you could try excluding and then including an existing Z-Wave device on your system, and see if maybe that breaks the log jam?

Once the Busy messages start, you loose the ability to include or exclude devices. The radio will receive updates sent from devices, but you loose pretty much everything else.

1 Like

If it's not too much trouble to just tail -10 the log at the top that would be useful and pretty clear.

Just did the latest firmware upgrade and my Z-Wave log is working now.