C-7 Driver Issues

Yes to all three. I going to ask Aeotec if there is newer firmware.

Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 12.16.34 PM

1 Like

there seems to be some issue with the new GE Enbrighten 14282 outlet (https://smile.amazon.com/GE-Enbrighten-Controlled-SmartThings-14282/dp/B01M1NOZJU?sa-no-redirect=1 )

When I added it to the hub it paired fine, but it thought it was a "Generic Z-Wave Smart Switch" and even when i changed it to "generic Z-wave Outlet" it still presents me with the paddle function preference.

Also, the "Turn on Indicator" preference is backwards: when i select "when On" the indicator turns on when the outlet is off and vice versa.

Copying @JasonJoel, as he's released drivers for some of the Enbrighten devices, he may have some suggestions on the outlet.

2 Likes

I have a couple of the 14280 dimmers, but none of the switches.

Mine are buried behind cabinets, so I'm not sure if the lights work as specified or backwards.

Might need a custom driver to work "100%". If there is a need I can add it to the list - would be a simple one. The ones where the 2 outlets are independently controllable (like the 28175) would be a bit more work to do without the device, but the ones where they both operate together are easy.

1 Like

I've got a plug-dimmer with USB and two independently controllable outlets. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I sense a volunteer nearby... :wink:

1 Like

Regarding the Aeotec door/window sensor 6, Aeotec support thinks it is an issue with the hubitat, it turns out I have 4 others that don't have an open/closed field.

I have a monoprice 4-in 1 sensor that is having issues. With both the built in Zooz 4-in-1 and a custom driver, it seems that the WakeUpNotification message is not being delivered to the driver code.
This device paired with S0.
I have a couple more of these i will try today to rule out issue with this device.

Edit: Same behavior with another 4-in-1 I tried (also monoprice). When i press the button it does wakeup (i can send commands and get responses), I just don't see the wakeup notification message.

Edit2: After spending some time restarting (shutdown+wait+power up) the hub and using zwave details to refresh or (re)include, both devices new appear to be functioning as expected. I suspect there is some bug in the Zooz 4-in-1 Driver (perhaps specific to these monoprice devices) that causes the inclusion process to sometimes leave the devices or network in a bad state. I have another device that is zooz 4-in-1 V2.0 that I have on my list to add in the next few days.

I am also experiencing this with all my devices, I think there must be some sort of issue with the S2 / Secure Paring and the WakeUpNotification events with the C7.
In my own drivers I have traced all the messages and up till now have not been able to receive a WakeUpNotification report.

Anyone have any ideas why this would be happening with the Aeon device?

Did you turn in a support ticket?

no, I wanted to be sure it wasn't a dumb guy move first... I'll do it today.

You are using the Generic Z-Wave contact sensor driver with those? You say you have 4 others that don’t show status. Does that mean all of your Aeotec door/window sensor 6 devices don’t show status, or just some of them?

I've had really good luck with the Gen 2 ones from Ring.

What are other Gen2 Ring products are worth getting to be used with Hubitat?

They have a handy range extender. Because it's battery powered, it triggers a power event when there's a power failure. That can be handy to know.

I have their full alarm system integrated with HE via the unofficial app here.

2 Likes

Yes.. and we have built-in drivers for all of them

1 Like

It is the generic zwave contact sensor driver. I have 3 that don't show status and 4 that do.

And Aeotec support replies that it must be a problem with Hubitat? That makes no sense. If some cars of a particular model don’t run properly and some do, you don’t blame the road they’re driving on.