C-7 Driver Issues

In my C-7 setup (see previous post with screencap of details page) The Zooz switches do not seem to be repeating very well. GE Enbrighten switches are taking precedent. I wonder if it has anything with me pairing everything unsecured?

I had an inclusion issue yesterday where I added GE Enbrighten switch and it came up as a Zooz switch! After changing back to Enbrighten it was fine but the code the assigns the driver seemed to get confused with the other stuff I added (or maybe it cached some failed inclusion info dunno).... strange.

Discovery Driver Bug: the Aeotec NanoMote Quad is getting discovered as "RGBgenie Micro Switch ZW-4004"

I had something similar happen to me the other day. On the new non-S2 device you might want to look at the device details -> Data section and see what it says.

In my case it had the info for the previously paired S2 device, and indicated it was paired securely (in reality it was not, the device in question doesn't support any security levels). It also had the inClusters for the previous device, too.

That's weird too - everything I'm pairing is S2 capable but I am including as unsecured right now. Trying not to make it more complicated than I have to.

The pairing process seems to retain info from previous inclusions (if they failed I wonder?)

Zooz has been iffy on repeating end of things but the Enbrighten stuff just seems to work.

I think that is the case - and not only when it outright fails. I saw it too when the pairing process didn't fully complete and the device was partially paired (in zwave details, but with no clusters - waiting to be discovered and finish the pairing).

1 Like

:thinking: It's not supposed to.. Will have to investigate this .

2 Likes

It was really easy for me to see on my dev hub (as it said a non-secure device was S2 and the inClusters were all wrong).

I'll see if I can figure out how to reproduce it. Seems tricky though as when I saw it happen it was after an S2 pairing didn't 100% complete, so I need to get that to happen again.

1 Like

Yeah mine (enbrighten) just id'd as Zooz.. didnt think to check the cluster info but since both were unsecured and was able to switch out. wasnt paying all that much attention to it.

For what it's worth, I just joined one of these devices the other dayb on my c7 and it joined correctly and was identified correctly.

This might explain why several of my devices aren't working quite right--if they got their "wires crossed" in the pairing process.

I am having trouble getting an Aeotec Window Sensor 6 to pair and show a status (open/Close) It shows the battery level. I have others that work correctly but not this one.
I joined it several times, did factory resets no open/closed. I rejoined it to my ST and it showed open closed. I am running a C7 V 142. Any ideas, other than the trash....

It seems like I've seen a number of posts about Aeotec "6" devices having trouble. Wondering if there is a general class issue w/the Aeotec devices that results from something in their drivers, or how HE inclusion sees them.

I think Aeon's product line is "7" for the 700 series chip and "gen5" for the 500 series chip. The only "6" I know of in their product catalogue is the MultiSensor 6.. where 6 means the number of sensors in the one product. It's a "gen 5" device though.

For ME, Aeon has Joined the C-7 easily, especially since Aeon has many products that use single vs double click to determine unsecured vs secured joining.

Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 9.41.10 AM

Maybe my faulty memory then, just feels like I've noticed Aeotec more often recently.

Is it possible that previous inclusions are also effecting Zigbee devices? Yesterday I paired a number of Iris V2 Contact Sensors onto my C7 (with latest and greatest update). They paired using Marcus's Zigbee Contact Sensor (with Presence) driver and I changed them to the built-in Generic Zigbee Contact Sensor. They all now get error messages as follows:
'''
dev:47472020-09-02 19:08:07.051 errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: GenericZigbeeContactSensor.ping() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] Possible solutions: find(), print(java.lang.Object), print(java.io.PrintWriter), print(java.lang.Object), find(groovy.lang.Closure), run() (ping)

dev:47472020-09-02 18:42:26.175 errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: GenericZigbeeContactSensor.checkEventInterval() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (checkEventInterval)
'''
I have also seen similar messages re presence......

It's definitely a 6...

After 3 weeks and 174 devices and more reboots than I care to think, I believe i'll delete it and throw it out. It is the final device... now for dashboards and automations...

1 Like

Send it to me, bet it works here. :slight_smile:

(Better to send it to @bcopeland sending to me was intended as a joke. :slight_smile: )

Sure the battery is good? Have you tried powering it from the USB port and near the Hub?

Are you using the latest Platform?? Because the Aeon Recessed Door Sensor had the identical problem, fixed in .142

I have the Recessed ones and was able to assist in that.. I don't have these. If you're joining it and using the Generic Zwave Contact Sensor, you should verify you're on the release that has the fix.