Button controller problems

Sorry for cross-posting but I probably put it in the wrong category before.

I just received my Xiaomi Aqara buttons and I want to use one to control my IKEA blinds.

I previously created a virtual button and a button controller connecting it to the blinds that I used successfully on a dashboard to open and close the blinds. I've also connected to it via MakerAPI so the virtual button works beautifully.

Now I tried to create a button controller and I'm able to select the button device, but then I see the "Add button action" button and when I press it I get nothing. I don't get option of selecting the blinds or anything, I just see the "Delete button action" list appear and it only seems to have one empty element (see screenshot)

I'm using the "Zigbee - Xiaomi/Aqara/Opple Button/Switch/Remote" driver from "oh-lalabs.com " (author: "Markus Liljergren").

Does anyone have any pointers as to what I could try?

Oh dear I'm such a noob. My first RM rule... works like a charm! Thank you!

1 Like

I wouldn't worry about this too much in the first place since anyone can move any post (and people here don't seem quite as picky as I've seen in other forums), but you can move a post without double-posting or deleting and re-posting. Just click the "edit" (pencil) icon next to the title of your post, and it will also let you re-categorize and whatnot:

At this point, you may want to delete your original post so you don't get answers in two places. :slight_smile:

As for your actual question, Button Controller should work similarly to Rule Machine with a "Button Device" trigger here, so if you aren't seeing the options, my guess is that the device/driver somehow didn't populate "numberOfButtons" under "Current States." You can check the device page. If that happened in the meantime, it would explain why RM works now when BC didn't before. Otherwise there could have just be a BC problem, and maybe removing that instance and creating a new one would have helped.

Glad you got it figured out, in any case!

2 Likes