Busy messages because of Firmware 2.2.3.135

Good luck, hope it works for you as well, let us know.

As noted I still have my device ghost on the Z-Wave Details page, but on .119 the Ghost doesn't appear to be taking the Z-Wave mesh down like it does on later FW versions. I assume @bcopeland and team are aware and have seen this difference. I'm thinking this isn't a "just-me" thing.

1 Like

So far so good. Devices are working again. No busy messages. Let's see what happens after a couple of hours.

Really appreciate the help.

1 Like

NP. For me the Z-Wave break-down point on later FW was anywhere from a couple hours to eight or more hours, the newest version (.135) was the worst, I was only getting a couple hours maybe after each shutdown/restart. .119 is holding on!

I know the devs are working hard to make HE better but the last couple of updates have been a disaster for me. And my wife has been less than enthusiastic. My ST system was solid as a rock. But I needed to either move to their new platform or move to something else. I deceived to move to HE. Less cloud reliance. I don't regret it but I'll be very slow on doing any future firmware updates.

2 Likes

Same exact situation here...ST "just worked" w/out issue and was fast, but I wanted things more local and didn't like the direction ST was going in.

My wife is also nonplussed ($25 word for the day!) and let me tell you, you do NOT want my wife nonplussed because almost anything can happen!

HE team is working hard on the issues, now that things are stable back on .119, I can wait.

2 Likes

Just wanted to report back to the community that I've had zero busy messages since I rolled back to firmware 119. Hope the devs fix this in the next firmware update.

1 Like

No, but I too ( and I’ve seen some others ) have the A5 device. I don’t have as many as I had with the first C7 firmware and the second and now less on .135 but still have a few there - anything routed through A5 doesn’t work correctly, on my system. Waiting for next, next patch and then I’ll just blow away the Zwave and start over. My one attempt at starting over didn’t help before, so I’m not going to beat my head against a wall and expect a different result from the same action.

2 Likes

The exact defintion of crazy. :wink:

Agree, a good thing to avoid. :+1:

At one point In my life, I was convinced same input would achieve another result. Much experimenting over 50+ years has proved differently. I’m now a believer.

1 Like

I dunno I feel like I just repeat the same mistakes over and over as learn'n seems to come hard these days. My wife calls it my "short loop".. I blame our teenager for sucking out half my brain. :crazy_face:

You should still get any failed nodes off your network with a secondary controller. Even on 119 they do have an impact on your zwave mesh. They're handy for other things also. You can pick one up for about 20 bucks or so. I see them all the time for between 15 and 30 bucks.

I have 8 ghost nodes that I have tried to remove but wont go away. Still new to HE so I don't understand "secondary controller".

It's a USB stick you can buy for around 20 bucks that you can join to Hubitat to do stuff like delete devices and perform firmware upgrades. You just plug it into a computer and run the PC controller v5 software from silabs. The software is free. It works on other hubs too.

1 Like

Welcome to HE.

It requires another piece of hardware, there is a good write-up in this thread. You probably will not need the firmware update stuff in #4. And the latest stick is the UZB-7 ($20 at Mouser), just got mine today.

1 Like

Thanks I'll look into this.

I appreciate your help. Are you saying that the reason I was getting the busy messages and device failures with firmware 2.2.3.135 is a result of the ghost nodes?

Yes mine went away once I got rid of em. There's still another case where if I run a full zwave repair I'll get them but it goes away with a reboot on 135.

I don't get busy messages here but I do see failed devices on the zwave list however they all still respond and work so I'm just not going to lose sleep over what that page says. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Battery devices will show up as failed. We are talking about failed pairs. Devices that show up without a device name or cluster info other than 01 which is the Hubitat controller.

That would explain those. Good to know.

1 Like