Built in Aeotec MultiSensor 7 driver might have a bug?

Please help, I've got a MS7 with the motion active Software Failure : [85].

I'm on EU firmware 1.4, would someone mind pointing me in the right direction on how to rollback (or update?) the firmware to fix this? Can I do it natively in Hubitat somehow without needing a Z-stick?

Please reach out to Aeotec support for help and direction on downgrading your firmware version.

1 Like

This is where I found firmware - I'm a bit confused though as mine seems to have a quite old firmware, this is what it reports when queried using the basic zwave tool:

Version Report - FirmwareVersion: 1.04, ProtocolVersion: 7.12, HardwareVersion: 1

I will say the firmware version on these is a bit weird - I updated it and now it reports as:
Version Report - FirmwareVersion: 1.03, ProtocolVersion: 7.12, HardwareVersion: 1

The file I used from their website was: ZW_MS7_US_V1.3.7.1063.gbl which would seem like the right one.

Thatā€™s correct. 1.04 was the 1.4.1 version of firmware.

What odd nomenclature for firmware versions!

Is there a community driver for this thing? I understand the hubitat team was going to update the built-in driver but that was months ago so not sure where that stands.

A lot of config options that are pretty important for a device like this are missing from the built in driver.

@bcopeland are there still plans to update this sensor to allow lower reporting thresholds on things like lux and motion? Appreciate there are workarounds but it would be great to get the offical DTH updated. Thanks

all options are available, been using mine for about 14 months now

I find this sensor to be flaky. Will stop triggering, pop the batteries out and put them back and it starts working again. Tried fresh batteries that wasn't it.

Have zooz 700 sensors in the same area and they are completely reliable. I may try to relocate these, re-pair under usb power and see if that makes them more reliable/useable

All my 7s are on USB power and are stable and reliable on 1.3.1 firmware. I also changed the timeout for motion to 30 seconds. Motion sensing is quick.

Well - actually @bcopeland had mentioned some time ago they would be updating the official driver. Yes that works, but it's a bit hacky and messes with you every time you want to change ANY setting requiring you to fiddle around with drivers, etc. Needless complexity. A community/built in driver that's feature complete is ALWAYS preferable from my POV

FYI, I've been working with Aeotec to fix an issue with the MS7 (using FW 1.37) where lux does not update fast enough/freezes for a while, making motion lighting based on Lux levels not work consistently (particularly if you changed the parameter reporting threshold to be less than the default of 100 lux).

My sensor is on battery, not sure if wired versions had the same issue, but I suspect so. Aeotec have just emailed me saying they have fixed the issue and released a new 1.4.2 firmware that you can download here: Update MultiSensor 7 V1.4.2 : Aeotec Help Desk

I've just updated, things and will test/report back my findings. But all seems well thus far...

Has anyone compared the MS7 to the MS6 for: Motion sensor speed or Lux, is it worth switching to the MS7.

Thanks,

There is something seriously wrong with the internal driver. Under home assistant, it works perfectly. Under Hubitat, it just doesnt detect motion, and half of the configuration is missing. Until someone makes a driver, or hubitat fixes the internal driver, I am just using home assistant for the sensor :frowning:

This is why I gave away my hubitatā€¦

@bcopeland I have the same issue under Hubitat where the motion is not updated. Do you think the internal driver seems to have an issue ?