[Bug] Mode Manager -- Set mode based on earlier of two times is failing

I think that's exactly what I did. The interface shows one time left, but I can't clear the time that remains.

Here's a video of what I'm experiencing: https://youtu.be/LPmmmHNucfo

So I ended up trying "Earlier of two times" and set both to "Sunset-30" -- that's gonna work. :smile:

Sorry, I didn't make it clear enough. You delete the 5 and the 00 and the PM. Not the Certain Time vs. Sunset part.

Ah ha! Yes, clearing out the time worked. Thank you!

Sorry about that. This is a pesky bug. It's fixed for next release.

I realize this is a pretty old thread, but I'm experiencing the same bug as @pete2 with build 2.2.4.158

My Evening mode was set for earlier of Sunset -30 or 6:00 PM and was triggering at both times. Mode changed from Evening (Sunset -30) -> Night (Sunset at ~4:45 PM) -> Evening (6:00 PM).

Please show your Mode Manager setup page. Also, please post a screenshot of your System Events log, page with those mode changes. And finally. open the App Status page for Mode Manager (gear icon), click on Events, and post a screenshot of that page.

Mode Manager

System Events log (the most recent Night mode change was done manually)

App Status page for Mode Manager : Events

Perfect, thanks. I will look into this.

After posting my screenshots, I went in and re-made the same "Earlier of two times" setting. I deleted the 6:00 PM, changed it to "Specific time"; then changed it back to "Earlier of two times" with Sunset -30 and 6:00 PM. It seems to be working correctly today.

I looked back in my logs and the buggy behavior did start after I updated to 2.2.4.158, but re-making the rule seems to have fixed it?

This is possible. There were changes made to fix earlier of two times, and it could well be that the old version didn't work without being updated. Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

I found this after experiencing the same issue. I have a brand new hubitat, did not have to do an update after deployment. I'm also trying this solution though, will post back if it doesn't work.

I'm also having this issue, on a brand-new HE, running v2.2.4.158. Like @ahsta, I removed the "Earlier of two" times condition, saved, then recreated it, but this did not resolve the issue for me.

Config/Logs

Mode Manager Rule Configuration

System Events

Mode Manager App Events

What issue? Please be specific. Your mode was set to Evening at 16:55, which I presume is sunset. Then it was set to Night at 21:00, which is the Later of two times, sunset + 30, and 2100.

Oh, is your problem with sunrise? If so, please show the App Status page for Mode Manager (gear icon).

Sorry for not being clear - yes, I am having the issue with the earlier of the two times when setting to day mode. App Status follows:

I need to see the bottom half of that page also.

Again - sorry. Here you go.

Do me a favor: Remove Mode Manager. Create it again with same settings. When done show me that top half of App Status again.

Here you go. Here's the recreated rule:

...and here's the top half of the settings page:

Let's see what happens tomorrow morning. Please post back whether it works or not. I'm going to create something identical for Day as well, to see what happens.

This worked as expected for me, what about you?