[Broken] MyQ Lite Application

Yeah, for all those reasons, I absolutely don't recommend it, but I was just answering the question... Too bad they seem to have broken that too.

2 Likes

There are a couple of entertaining threads about it on the Home Assistant forums. There are lots of angry users over there. Home Assistant is removing their MyQ Integration around Dec 1 because of Chamberlain's changes.

5 Likes

Yep, that is one of the other sites I stumbled across.

:grin: :+1:

1 Like

So I randomly decided to try using my HomeKit button for opening/closing my garage door that uses this integration with a sensor and it worked? I thought they broke the api? I was able to open and close the door.

Christmas Miracle!

3 Likes

Just an FYI, for those of you that may have forgotten to perform the change. Back on September 17th (this year), I made the following changes to the code and this got mine working again. Has everyone having this issue done this?

1 Like

Just to confirm what you are saying is with the change in Capitalization we can now open and close the garage door within Hubitat again? Or am I misunderstanding your posting?

I copied this change from a post here on Hubitat in September, when mine had quit working. It was stated that there was a change in the authorization that required those two entries to be changed to upper case. I can't remember if there was more to change and I've been looking all morning.

I had made the user-agent headers change (4 places), but not this Username, Password change. Just as a test, I re-enabled the MyQ Lite integration, have made the Username, Password edit, will see what happens.

I’ve got a LiftMaster 8365-267 GDO with 828LM Internet gateway.

Regardless, I’ve given up on MyQ, and ordered a RatGDO kit on November 20. It shipped via USPS earlier this week, should arrive tomorrow. I will integrate it through HA and bring over to Hubitat with HADB.

HA is not bad to host the cloud integrations for which no solution exists on Hubitat, then bring entities over via HADB. Reliable, maintained, and trouble free, in my experience.

1 Like

I have never made the user agent changes, but it could have been in one of the updates. I'm going to check later.
BTW: I've only ever used the no-sensor version.

I have a contact sensor. MyQ Lite has done the token expiration, re-auth, but unable to get Hubitat to open door. Will test a bit more, but RatGDO comes tomorrow.

1 Like

Mine still seems to be working, but who knows for how long! RatGDO is on back order. Not sure how long it will take to arrive though…

FWIW, I never made these changes. My code is still lower case. But MyQ Lite still works. I just checked it to be sure, and I could open and close the garage door via a button on one of my dashboards.

I don't want to touch anything, just in case.

3 Likes

Well, testing indicates that mine with MyQ Lite still opens and closes and refreshes the token. I have the user-agent header changes (4 places) and Username/Password change. USPS tracking says my RatGDO comes tomorrow, was ordered November 20, two days shy of five weeks after order.

It will be good to retire MyQ Lite.

2 Likes

Nice - Lucky! I don’t have tracking on mine yet, so I assume it hasn’t been shipped yet…

I would expect that 50-70 years ago, this kind of behavior would cause severe repercussions to a company perhaps as much as an antitrust suit.

Today, of course, we don't buy anything. Even what we buy, we rent... just ask John Deere customers...

1 Like

Okay, this is going to sound weird. I thought my garage doors were working, because I can use the app to open them, with Life360+ presence and with the dashboard, but I've always closed them with the wall control as I entered the house. I tested it today and it seems that the app is still working to open, but it does not work to close the garage doors. Even without door sensors I was always able to do this, as long as the door was fully opened when I would try to close it. For those of you that are still running the MyQ Lite app, is yours opening and closing?

Mine was still working 2 days ago. I’m out of town now though so can’t test it. I have a tilt sensor though.

1 Like

Please update me when you get home.

I remembered to try this today after I logged into my hub. I had forgotten. It is still working. Was able to open and close my garage door. It’s shared with HomeKit and it works perfectly still. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like