Broadlink IR/RF remotes integration (RM3 Mini, RM Pro, RM4 Mini/Pro)

I installed this last night because I wanted local processing. It seems to work great (Thank you!) but for one small item. Sometimes when I send a command to turn a device on a second instance of the command is sent immediately afterward. This is noticeable on devices that use the code as a On/Off toggle, like my TV and fireplace. Any suggestions?

Pictures of the command setup in those rules will help folks troubleshoot, as well as relevant log info.

My setup involves the need to intentionally send 2x-same-command in some cases, and I haven't experienced any misfires with 2-instead-of-1 or vice versa.

1 Like

I have logging turned off, but I will turn it back on and send the data when it happens again. It is intermittent.

@tomw After having followed this thread since it was started, I have finally migrated my Broadlink devices across to your driver. The driver typically works well and I love the sequence function. However, I have noticed my RM3 Pro stop responding a couple of times over the few weeks I’ve been using it. (My RM4 mini is unaffected and works flawlessly.) It happens when the hub is restarted. The event viewer for the RM3 shows:

It is then stuck in “initializing” and any codes sent to it are not actioned. Hitting the “Refresh” or “Initialise” buttons do nothing, but clicking “Save Preferences” kicks it in to gear again:

Is this anything anyone has struck before?

I just released v0.9.10, which has support for importing LIRC codes.
@tomw I notice that the driver code for my Broadlink Remote installation is v0.9.9. I also didn't see a version 0.9.10 in your Github area. I would like to try to import LIRC codes for a couple of devices. I take it this version is not part of the HPM installation. Is that correct?

I am pretty sure I updated mine using HPM and the code is showing 0.9.10. Below is what is shown under HPM view apps and drivers.

HPMBroadlink

If I go to HPM I don't see an update available for Broadlink.

Did you try a repair of the broadlink package?

My HPM entry looks like terminal3's, but according to the driver and app code when I open those, 9.10 is current system manager app and 9.9 is current remote driver.

I just did it now. This is what the driver code shows":

I installed the package for the first time about 3 weeks ago, but the driver is dated in 2022. I also went to the Github address and looked up the driver using the import URL. It stops at v0.9.9.

I wonder if the LIRC function was added in the driver or the Manager app. I went to the HPM View Apps and looked at the broadlink entry. It is the same as Terminal3's, as well. Maybe @tomw just didn't add the most recent update to the the list. Just wanted to make sure I have everything up to date.

Mine shows the latest. :person_shrugging:

[edit]Above is from the system manager.

The driver code still shows 0.9.9, so perhaps only the system manager was updated.

1 Like

That's the app (mine looks same), but what does that same section look like for your driver?

EDIT -- posted same time as your edit -- all good!

You all were correct - there were no changes in the driver for lirc support, so that's why the version number in the driver code wasn't updated.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

First time posting, so apologise if this sounds a silly question.

I am very new to HE, but im very stuck trying to use this integration.
So i have created a virtual device, selected Broadlink remote, entered my IP address, status is idle, learn code, tested code all great, saves code also, but this is where i am stuck, how to i create a dasboard button to turn my tv on??

Or even more advanced like, turn tv on, turn receiver on, set input all in one switch on the dashboard, but to start with, i cant even work out how to get one action on my dashboard :rofl::joy: so sorry for what may seem a dumb question, but its taken me days of trying to feel its time to reach out for help, so thanks in advance everyone :+1:

I don't use a dashboard like that, so I don't have first-hand experience to share, but it looks like there may be a helpful discussion above starting at post #581 on Mar 15.

You could also try searchig this thread for "dashboard" and more hits may come up.

Get a virtual switch onto an (old style) dashboard. I'm unfamiliar with the new style dashboards.

1. go to HE settings page http://your hub ip here/hub/edit
  2. click Apps, then scroll down and click on Hubitat Dashboards to create a new dashboard, or select a dashboard from existing dashboards, add the virtual switch to the dashboard devices; save your work
  3. go back to HE settings page
  4. click Dashboards on the left side of page
  5. set up the virtual switch device as a Switch tile

install and setup the TVWrangler app
Below is a link to my Groovy TvWrangler app that turns on/off the cablebox, TV, and sound system, all using a Broadlink RM3 from a dashboard's vitrual switch. The apps input settings are the names of the various commands stored in the Broadlink app. This may be a bit complex for a beginner, but this was easier for me to do in Groovy than Rule Machine. Hopefully it helps.

Turn TV system on/off
Tap the Virtual Switch on the dahsboard
Keep device remotes handy, things occasionsly get out of sync.

Some issues the app handles:

1. My soundbar will POP loudly when it turns on before the TV
  2. The TV will not respond to on/off commands for a few seconds after the last on/off command.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/arnbme/hubitat/master/tvWrangler.groovy

Use the button template on the dashboard. The button "number" that you enter to push is just the name of one of your saved codes on the virtual device.

For multiple actions I use the sequence feature.

1 Like

Thanks so much everyone and Arnb for the detailed response, i will for sure be giving this a shot shortly!! :+1: migrating from HA and i am so close to being able to shut it down once and for all. Thanks again for your help and work helping us all :+1::clap: much appreciated

2 Likes

I have the RM 4 pro with this integration and it seems to work great.
Question though...
I have some discrete hex codes that I would like to add and I tried import codes but how do I save them and name them?
I got the strings from remote central and for discrete turn ON it looks like this:
0000 006D 0022 0002 0157 00AC 0015 0016 0015 0016 0015 0041 0015 0016 0015 0016 0015 0016 0015 0016 0015 0016 0015 0041 0015 0041 0015 0016 0015 0041 0015 0041 0015 0041 0015 0041 0015 0041 0015 0016 0015 0041 0015 0016 0015 0041 0015 0016 0015 0041 0015 0016 0015 0016 0015 0041 0015 0016 0015 0041 0015 0016 0015 0041 0015 0016 0015 0041 0015 0041 0015 0689 0157 0056 0015 0E94

I pasted the code but there was no way to rename it and the log shows:

Am I doing this correctly?
I get when trying to name and save the code as well:

Another thing....
After learning the remote codes from the remote, saving with a name, is it possible to use the saved IR command as a rule machine trigger?
Does the Broadlink RECEIVE remote commands?