Bond Integration

I'm using the old Bond community integration and have found that switching to the built-in Bond integration it fails to fully support Bond Fireplace Fans ? the actions for my fireplace are SetFpFan, Stop, TurnFpFanOff, TurnFpFanOn

Any quick solution or wait for an update?

I am moving my devices from SmartThings to Hubitat. One of the devices I have is bond. I have installed and walked through the setup of the integration and all my fans appear and are working in Hubitat. However, none of the lights that are part of the fans appear. They did in SmartThings and still do in Alexa using the bond skill. Is this not a feature or am I missing something to be done durning the configuration of the Intergrations?

The built in integration has the fans and lights on the same device, so the on/off state is the light and the speed if the fan. I have found this is terrible for trying to integrate into other systems. The advantage of the built in integration is instant status updates.

The older community integration will give you a separate device for the lights and supports more features.

I am using the built in integration for the instant updates and then I mapped the fan control to a custom virtual fan controller device. The lights on/off I am not using at all so I dont need that. If I was using the lights I would probably use the community driver.

Welcome to HE! I moved over from ST too a couple years ago.

Not just you for the Bond lights issue -- it's something that needs to get fixed. The HE team is aware and working on it, but I don't know when we'll see it... I think Bond is also ironing out some big API and firmware changes of their own, so I'm guessing the HE team will incorporate that.

In the meantime, there is a fully functional community integration for Bond. Its developer is no longer active with the Hubitat community here, but the integration still works great...

In fact, you can run both the community version and the official HE version simultaneously -- that's what I'm doing right now... I use the official version to control fan speed, and I use the community version to control the light. That way, as the official version improves, I'm ready to use more of it (but I still have community version as backup).

Thanks @hydrosludge for the info.!

Hi, I have a client that wants to control 6 fans that have a pretty nice range from the main living room to the gazebo. What is the range on the bond unit? Currently it seems like I have to stand under the fan with the remote to get it to turn on. They are 5 years old. Any idea of the range of the unit?

The Bond has a shockingly long range for some things, and shockingly short range for others...

• I initially purchased the Bond Bridge to facilitate automating Comfortex blinds via Hubitat. My understanding of this process is the communication path is Hubitat-> Bond Bridge (BB) -> Blinds. I initially set up the BB to send the commands from the Bond software so I could ensure the BB and the blinds were properly communicating (eliminate variables). I set the BB up in a closet in the room the blinds are in. I tried several locations in the closet for the BB before I found one that resulted in a consistent response from the blinds, which is where the BB still lives. Then I connected BB and Hubitat,
  • Several months later I decided to see which fans would connect to the BB, and thus also HE. EVERY FAN with the frequency in the BB range connected - even one at the complete opposite end of the house and on a floor above. I don't run automations with those yet so I don't know how consistently they connect, but I can see them in HE.
1 Like

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I have been using the bond integration for about a year with 2 ceiling fans. I recently added a projector screen. The screen only has 3 buttons, up, down, and stop. Bond learned it fine, Hubitat has it working fine on the device screen. I try to add a virtual button so I can make a rule to open the screen, count for 20 seconds, and stop the screen. IT WILL NOT STOP in a rule. Not as part of a sequence, not alone, not in basic rules, not in simple rules, not in rule machine. Stop is responsive in the device, but not in the rule. Why?

Please, my screen is stupid. I need a rule to tell it to stop part way down. :confused:

Screenshots of the button build and the rule build would help folks spot any hiccups.

1 Like

Did I not provide the right stuff?

I'm happy to provide what ever to get answers. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

I don't use shades with Bond, so I don't have any experience there. What happens if it just goes full travel after a "Down" command -- is that too far down, and that's why your trying to time the stop?

Can you post a screenshot of the section of the page that's directly above what you posted in your last screenshot? That should show what action-related options you have to leverage in rule apps.

Example of my ceiling fan:

Summary

Yes, full travel is too far, and that's why I want it to stop.

Of note, more buttons are listed than actually work. The remote that came with the screen only offers up, down, and stop.

From one of your earlier posts, it sounds liek the desired commands all work from the (Bond?) device page, so that's encouraging.

I'd just keep playing around with tweaking the associated stop command in rules - there must be a variation that works (again, assuming it's confirmed working from the device page).

Yes, the stop button works from the device page, but not in ANY of the rules. No matter if it's in a series, or if it's alone.

I would think that this was a rule problem, aside from the fact that it I've written lots of other rules with no problem. Also, it doesn't seem to matter WHICH rule app I use, they all fail at using the stop command from the device (but do work for up and down).

Im using the community Bond integration from here, and I am able to stop the shades using a custom command to the device.

Holy crap! That worked! Thank you @jon1 !! It took me some time to find the command, it's under "set variable, mode or file, or run custom action".