Bond Integration

That is totally up to you.. You are under no obligation to switch to built-in if you are happy with what you have..

Now you can try it out, no risk, as both can be operational at the same time..

3 Likes

New integration working great with one odd exception on my older 3-speed Minka fan with a built-in light.

3 speeds work great, and light turns on/off fine from Device page, but I've long used a Pico button to "Toggle" the light -- one Pico press turns the light on fine, but the next press does nothing...

I also tried turning light on via Bond app and then using the Pico "toggle" to attempt turning off, but light stayed on...

It appears the Toggle's Off command never actually gets sent (but On always does -- see logs below)... Any ideas? Thanks!!

This Pico was previously working fine with the community integration (and I just swapped backed to it to check again - worked fine), so I know the Pico and Toggle Button Rule aren't whacko.

ETA -- No idea if this is somehow related, but how would I add the light as a dashboard tile (just as a basic on/off switch)?

I can add the fan-control tile and that works great, but when I try to add a second tile for the light status, nothing works - I'v etried switch, relay, bulb, dimmer. Thoughts?

I can confirm that all 6 speeds (plus off) and light on and off all work now.

Any chance of getting support for the reverse direction button? Lots of newer DC ceiling fans have that button on the remote instead of a switch on the fan motor.

Thanks!

1 Like

I am looking at this as it had been requested by many people..

2 Likes

I'm looking at other ways to control the fan light and am striking out...

The only way to control the light is from the fan's child device page - the On & Off buttons circled below work great to turn the light on/off.

But nothing else works to control the light - dashboard, RM or Button Controller...

I tried to create a "if on then off, else if off then on" rule as a makeshift toggle command, but this is what my conditions box looks like, so obviously the rule can't work.

Am I just missing something ridiculously obvious about how to control the light or is there something amiss with how the integration opens up & communicates the light status with other HE tools? Thanks again!

Are you able to select all 6 speeds in the set speed attribute as mine does not include “very-low”?
@bcopeland - I noted this in my post on the other thread also, but here is a screen shot of what I am seeing if that helps. Thanks.

Apparently I can't count. Very-Low is missing in the dropdown for me too, even though it says it's supported...

1 Like

OK, how do I get the local token into the integration?

I've got a Bridge with 3 fans attached, which has been working with the community app for years without a problem, but it's not showing up here.

Your Local Token is in Advanced Settings of your Bond phone app - that's where you had to get it back when you set up the community integration too.

The new official HE integration doesn't have anything to do with the community integration, so nothing will "come over" from the community integration.

I know where/what the token is, but how do I get it into the new integration? I'm never prompted to enter it, either when installing the Bridge as a Device or installing the integration.

Not sure what the consensus would be on this idea but would it be possible to set up a Fan and Light as two separate child devices? This would come in handy when you want to expose them to Google Home and control the fan and light separately by voice command. Currently, Google Home offers a Bond cloud integration that allows control of each independently.

2 Likes

Bruce suggested this approach...

I see - apologies. I recall that entry not being super obvious -- I knew I'd need to add it (so I had it ready), but I remember not seeing it initially in the setup flow and then finally thinking "oh, there it is". Based on your experience, it must not have been a required entry.

I can't get to it now that I have it set up, so maybe you'll need to nuke it and start over? Unsure..,

Unfortunately, none of those approaches work for the light (I've tried a lot of different methods and tricks)...

The fan aspects all seem to work as hoped -- my issue is just with controlling the light. I suspect there is gremlin in that particular part of the integration.

ETA -- The On/Off for the light works great from the integration's child-device page (where it's referred to as a "switch"), but those commands ("Off" in particular) aren't respected in other tools like Button Controller or RM.

Thanks, hydro - I'll poke around with it some more. Need to wait until SWMBO leaves, as the WAF for playing games with the fan over her La-Z-Boy would be very low. :grin:

1 Like

Oops that's what I get for posting late at night when I can't sleep. Sorry I missed that you were looking at the light on and off, not the fan.

1 Like

@bcopeland - While I do not currently use Bond, I do have a question. It appears that for a Fan + Light device, instead of breaking them out into two child devices, they are combined into a single device with multiple capabilities, correct? If so, how well does this design work with things like the Amazon Alexa and Google Home integrations, where traditionally, Hubitat has always exposed these as separate devices (a fan and a switch/dimmer)?

6 Likes

I've found that this doesn't appear to be working well for Alexa or Homebridge/Homekit integrations. Both expect a power/switch state and controls to indicate when the Fan is on/off in addition to the fan speed.

You can control the fan speed from those integrations, but it will not accurately reflect the current state if it's controlled elsewhere.

Note that my use case is a fan-only device.

1 Like

I think the same issues exist regardless of whether the fan has a light. Not having an on-off State for the fan that is separate from a speed setting does seem to be a challenge for some use cases.

1 Like

I'm having a similar issue, but not completely sure my set up will work. I have a fan that is directly controlled through the app. No hub. I go set up the bond integration app and can find the device, however i'm unable to control it.

below is the error. Can anyone help?

2022-07-06 13:32:45.351 errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_bond_BOND_Fan_617.componentSetSpeed() is applicable for argument types: (com.hubitat.app.DeviceWrapper, java.lang.String) values: [Ceiling Fan, off] (method componentSetSpeed)