Bond Integration

Great to seen an official Bond Integration! Been using the community one for almost 2 years now. I have a lot of automation on my fans (thermostats, button controllers, and rules to maintain state correctly) which I am assuming will all have to be updated as this will create a new set of devices.

Is there any issue with adding this integration with the community one in parallel to make that transition simpler?

Also, the one challenge I have with my current Bond setup is that my minkaAire fans have 6 speeds. Any chance this new integration will support fans with 6 speeds? Or if not (@bravenel had previously commented that it was the was the way the Fan Device is currently defined in reply to and my original description of the issue ), is there (or could there be) a way for me to control how the speeds map to the device in Hubitat? The community integration drops speed 4 the way its algorithm works and I would rather drop speed 6 if I can't get all 6 mapped. We never use the highest speed, but would like to use speed 4. I realize this is a bit of an edge case, but hoping there is a solution. Thanks.

1 Like

Same issue for me. So maybe not so edgy after all.

It should… Let me know if you have any trouble

none at all

After investigating I found I had 2 types of fans defined in the bond bridge.

1. The one using a predefined fan remote type with single light works in Hubitat. On=single light
  2. The two that used advanced (custom) setup by selecting buttons to defined with up & down lights did not work in device page or dashboard, statuses not change
  3. The IR device worked fine

Changed the two custom remotes to use a predefined remote and they now work. I found if I press
the on button more than once, it will turn on both lights. However, I found no way to just select the bottom light by itself.

It’s working for shades, but can we get a stop button in addition to open and closed.

2 Likes

I was going to ask the same ... The remote has a "my" button which translates to stop or set to favorite position. In the community app, this worked by exposing a stop which sent "hold" (I think) to the Bond Hub and it works. In Bond, it shows up as "My" (with a stop icon).

If I try to send stopPositionCommand or startPositionCommand logs say it's not supported. @bcopeland could you add support for stopPositionCommand (to map to this function) or something else to accomplish this?

2 Likes

Feature request: add on/off commands to the Generic Component Windows Shade driver for the new Bond integration so they can be used in Groups and Scenes. The community Bond integration had that.

1 Like

I started playing with this last night (2.3.2.124) and was getting null pointer error, but you have gone ahead and fixed that in 2.3.2.125 before I even had a chance to document the problem.... Brilliant!!

And you added the new "very-low" speed to support my 6 speed fans which is great, but the "very-low" is not available to select as value for the Set Speed attribute for the device or in a Rule. I can only get the fan to very-low by using the Cycle Speed attribute on the device page.

The dimming on light kits in these fans is controlled (annoyingly) by holding down a button on the supplied remote while it cycles through various brightness levels up and down until you release the button. In the Bond App, there is a dimmer button which you press once and it starts the dimmer cycling and then you press it again and it stops the dimmer cycling. The community Bond integration included a custom attribute on the device for start dimming and a separate custom attribute for stop dimming which worked ok. Is it possible to support something similar?

The community integration also exposed a custom attribute for reversing the speed on my fans (also supported in the Bond App). That would be great to include also if possible. I have an automation that reverses the direction based on the temperature in the room.

Thanks again for making this new supported Bond Integration as I was concerned about the future of the community version.

2 Likes

@bcopeland

Thank you so much for this official Bond integration! I too was worried about relying on the community version as the developer is no longer around.

I have two ceiling fans that are, overall, working well with this new Bond integration.

However...

Fan lights: my ceiling fans each have two lights (upper and lower). Currently, pressing the On /Off buttons for the fan device turns the lower light on/off only.

Any possibility that the integration can be enhanced so both the upper and lower lights can be controlled independent of each other? The community app/driver supported this.

Also would be great, as @MikeSas mentioned, to have the ability to adjust the fan direction (forward/reverse).

Thanks again!

1 Like

@support

Can we please consider merging the 2 "Bond Integration" (same title) threads currently alive -- I feel like there are good discussions going in both, and Bond-related post fragmentation is just going to get worse if we don't get one strong thread going here early.

Thanks!

1 Like

Yea.. Looking into this… Not sure how to handle it yet as I didn’t anticipate this and didn’t design the child devices for this …

2 Likes

Looking into adding this too

5 Likes

I keep getting this error. Any ideas?

This is really awesome you now have a Bond integration! Thank you!

@bcopeland I noticed that when I change the fan speed, the speed state never seems to change to anything else. Is this something that will be fixed in a later release?

Ok I have the latest bond integration, and my shades work , but only to open and close. I would like to request the addition of the "CloseNext" and "OpenNext" commands for the shades. I went back through my updates I made to the user integration and those are the commands I use.

My shades can not be set by a position like 50%. You create setpoints for the shade to stop at. When you send open or close the shade goes to full open or full close. When you send OpenNext or CloseNext the shade goes to the next setpoint and stops. I added a Raise and Lower button to the driver and set OpenNext for Raise and CloseNext for Lower.

1 Like

I have installed the App and it found my device and created children for each Ceiling Fan. I have worked first with one 3 Speed fan with one light. Both Fan and Light work from the device page. I can also create an Icon on a dashboard for the fan by selecting the bond fan device and using the Template for a fan and that works to control on, off, and speed from the dashboard. I cannot figure out how to do this for the light. The attributes options do not work, nor does the switch option. Am I missing something obvious? (Wouldn't be the first time)

Added: I just noticed that the remove button is greyed out on the Bond children Device Pages. That seems significant.

1 Like

I posted about the light issue in the other thread - I'd love a fix.

And I really wish they'd merge these two "Bond Integration" threads - it would make it easier for everyone (users and staff alike).

1 Like

I added the new Bond integration, and the fireplace ended up getting the driver Generic Component Dimmer. Is there going to be a better driver is the future? I can continue using the old version for this device if needed.

@bcopeland, awesome work as always.
Here are a couple more errors with my fans that i dont think i have seen reported yet.

The effect is no fan speed settings actually work, Bond is not transmitting. These are actually 9 speed fans, but even Bond only reports them as 6speed.
Here is some debug output from when i make a change in the Bond app and it gets pushed:

The light on these fans also is the "directional dimming" type, so i have just start increasing/decreasing brightness and stop changing brightness with no ability to set a specific level. Not too worried about the lights, don't use them often, just mentioning it.

Additionally a second issue, for shade control, the hubitat app is missing a "stop" command.
Open and close work, but there is no way to stop the shade anywhere in-between.
The Start/Stop position change does nothing.
Here is what it looks like in Bond's app.

@bcopeland Thanks for making BOND Integration native to HE. I've been using the community version for years and it works well but as others stated concerned the author is no longer supporting it and your version appears to be much faster at keeping status updated. Anyway, I installed this new version today in parallel with the community version and it is working great. I did discover one issue I forgot my BOND app had an old device installed and when I removed it from the BOND app on my phone I was not able to remove that device in HE as the "Remove Device" button is grayed out so I had to forget the Bond Bridge in the HE Bond APP and re-add it.

I also appreciate you looking into adding support to upper and lower lights and 6 speed controls for fans as well as a command to change the direction as I have an existing rule that in the winter the fan kicks in reverse at low speed. Right now with the community version having the fan direction command I have a rule that anytime Ecobee starts heating the house to help move the heat around the fans come on in reverse at low speed and run for another 2 min. after heat shut-off. When Ecobee is in cooling mode and on I have a rule to make sure the fan is in the forward direction and running at med. speed.

Both my fans change brightness by holding the light power toggle down on the remote and the lights will cycle brightness down and back up as long as you hold the power button on the remote. The Set Level command in the BOND driver does not work and produces the following error

dev:9822022-06-12 07:10:32.447 pm warn00000003 endpoint does not support SetBrightness command

Note: The community BOND driver also does not support dimming so no loss on functonality for this feature switching over to the new Bond Integration Driver.

2 Likes