Better Laundry Monitor Port & Update

@csteele bump. any thoughts?

You're looking for "Cycle Started" options to duplicate the existing "Cycle Ended" options??

Uhh I don't think so? I'm looking to do the following:

Wait for the power reporting to drop below X. Ensure power setting remains below X for Y minutes. If so notify. If anytime before Y minutes the power level rises above X, reset the timer. Basically the power has to hit <= 5W and remain below 5W for 10 minutes.

The existing option is...

"Stop after power has been below the threshold for this many sequential reportings:" and you enter a number of cycles..

Unfortunately as I described in my post that option won't work for me as when the device hits 0 it stops reporting so if I set that to a number > 1 it never happens. Otherwise this would be a good plan. That's why I'm using Message Central for my Dryer and your app for my Washer because Message Central has this option. I'd really like to get rid of Message Central both because it's fairly well abandoned by the author and also it seems stupid to have two apps doing almost the same thing.

@dman2306 You might find that my solution will work for you. I'm a similar boat where after the power drops to zero watts there are no more reports.

Thanks, wish I saw that sooner. I wound up adding the functionality I was looking for to this app. I've submitted a pull request to @csteele so hopefully at some point it will be available to others too.

1 Like

No signature of method: Script1.definition() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[name:Better Laundry Monitor, namespace:tierneykev, author:Kevin Tierney, CSteele, ...]]

This is what I get when I try to save the parent or child. I can load other code from other drivers fine.

It's an App. Paste it in "Apps Code".

Be certain to add the Parent code before the child code. :smiley:

Pasting/Importing an App as Driver Code does yield that message:

24%20AM

omg, I've been doing this for a long time and yet I missed that I was in the drivers code. Duh lol. talk about not paying attention.... thanks.

Thank you so much for this app, just got it up and running and seems to work great. I appreciate everyone's hard work and time to make hubitat so useful and accessible to people like me. Thank you so much.

Just installed Better Laundry Monitor from github. Have it set up to turn on a light which can be set as RGB. Does anyone have an idea how I would / could set it up to turn it on and make it one color when running and one color when done. I'm using an Ikea Tradfri RGB running through Hue Bridge.

You can probably use a Virtual Switch to indicate Running and not. Then use RuleMachine to set color of the real bulb, with the virtual switch as the Condition.

Instead of using a "real switch", create a virtual switch and have BLM control it. Then in RM, trigger off the virtual switch (change) and use it in a Condition to turn on and set color... or turn on and a different color... with timeout to turn the bulb off after an hour, maybe?

Any chance of allowing a volume adjust on the announcement via echo speaks? It's super quiet when it makes the announcement

Or it speaks at full blast. I think it depends upon what you have the Echo set to the last time?

Nothing like a nice quiet evening with intermittent Alexa screaming "THE LAUNDRY IS DONE".

I just want it at 70% haha.

Hi @ChrisUthe,

Apologies if this has been asked already, but is there any chance of adding the option of pressing a button when a wash cycle starts? Like what you have with the switch option? I have a notifications tile setup and would like to clear the notifications if I start another cycle. I already have the button and the rules to clear the notifications, having the hook in your app would be a nice neat solution. Otherwise I can always setup another rule to achieve the same thing.

Thanks,
Simon

I hate to ask, but I've been trying to use Better Laundry Monitor to tell Alexa that the washing Machine has stopped. The only issue is , I can write a routine in Alexa BUT it seems the only devices Alexa allows to choose from are Contact sensors NOT SWITCHES for this type of routine. I also ran into a rode block because Better Laundry Monitor, under "Choose additional devices" only shows switches. Is it possible in the code to allow contact sensors to also be chosen so I can choose the virtual contact sensor I made for this Alexa routine ? Would really appreciate it! Tony

There's a collection of what I've come to call "hybrid Drivers" in which two Commands/Attributes are forced to follow one another.

Take a look at a Virtual Presence Driver in which sensor values cause switch changes and switch changes make sensor values change. I'd suggest adjusting your own virtual contact sensor into a 'hybrid.' :smiley:

I didn't even know such drivers existed! SO MUCH APPRECIATED! Another great community member, Hal directed me to a a similar driver and all working now. Many thanks again! Tony