[BETA] Zen27 Dimmer Driver (ST Port)

Hello everyone I'm new to HA and HE so forgive me if this isn't a good port as its my first stab. I wanted to be able to access some of the advanced settings on my Zen27s is what prompted me to port this. So with the reference of here I was able to port over this Smart Things driver by doncaruana.

Below is the GitHub link. Let me know if you all encounter any issues and I would be happy to make any adjustments.

Feel like porting the zen26?

Let me see what I can do this weekend. I dont have that model so I wont be able to test it but we can work together to get it working if the gerneric driver doesnt fot your needs. It worked but there was some advanced settings I couldnt control with it.

Ah don't bother with it. I sent them back

What model are you going to order to replace them with?

Just noticed this reply. I ordered 14 honeywell switches by jasco. Very happy with them so far.

While the generic driver turned the device on and off, I had issues with the Zen26 not refreshing and dashboard tiles and alexa seeming to not work right. I did the same thing ARjoe did with the ST driver and seems to work great (for all of the past hour at least)

I have used this driver for my Zooz ZEN27 dimmer switch. It works well except I cannot set any of the advanced options. The settings seem to stick in the driver itself, but do not on the switch.

Any ideas?

I'm actually working on a fix for that as well as trying to improve logging and reporting. I want to control ramp rate and that's the reason I have done this port so it's high on my priority list. Stay tuned for updates.

1 Like

Well after a lot of trial and error, I figured out a way to save preferences with this port.

Here is what I did:

In the updated() function, I removed

return response(delayBetween(commands, 500))

and replaced it with

return delayBetween(commands, 500)

I can properly set advanced functions now. Don't know if it causes unintented effects, but I am not getting anything in the logs. I am just getting my feet wet with Groovy so I am a learning on the fly.

Scott

2 Likes

A built in driver for this device should be in platform 2.0.8, just a heads up...
Yes, transition time preference will be in there...

3 Likes

@mike.maxwell, thank you sir. The time and effort you and your team puts into this platform was one of the many reasons I chose to go "all in" with the HE system.

2 Likes

@spalexander68 Thanks for sharing! I'm still new to all this too.

@mike.maxwell I agree with @spalexander68

For me being new to HA it was important for me to start on the best platform available and I feel like you all have definitely offered that. Thanks for everything you all do at HE we really appreciate it.

1 Like

Does that include the 26 as well?

Don't know yet

Did this happen? I imagine, not yet, as I couldn't locate it.

New drivers are always in the update notes, so no it didn't make it.

Wow that was fast! You guys ever sleep??? LOL! Thanks for the fast reply Mike

1 Like

Seeing its delayed I will see if I can get some changes made this weekend to hold us over.

Thanks Joe!