[BETA] Zen27 Dimmer Driver (ST Port)

So here is what I ended up with after downloading the latest driver from the smartest house and modifying it per the porting instructions found here. Mods are listed in the comments/version notes. Disclaimer: I'm not a programmer, But it was a fun exercise and as far as I can tell, everything seems to work. If only this stuff involved DC load lines and FDIM... Then I'd feel a little more at home :slight_smile: I wasn't thrilled with the logging or the inability to turn it off.

1 Like

Nice you just free'ed time for my Sunday!! When the offical driver gets released by @mike.maxwell it will have good logging. I wanted to get the logging better but when @mike.maxwell announced there will be an official driver I decided to let the pro do it :slight_smile:

I hear ya. I don't think this is optimized or maybe even fully correct... It works and that's about it :slight_smile:

I'd also like to acknowledge Scott for pointing out:

" In the updated() function, I removed

return response(delayBetween(commands, 500))

and replaced it with

return delayBetween(commands, 500)"

As that was what made the difference between the driver working.... or not...

So I found/fixed a bug in the original code that wouldn't enable the Auto Off function. I am not sure how the Association section of the code is supposed to work so I couldn't verify that functionality. The "rampspeed" is (very) briefly reporting the correct value of 35 but then quickly goes to "2" regardless of what value is entered for the RampRate. The switches ramp rate functions correctly. It just reports the wrong value. So, I'd love to know what's happening there as this casual observer couldn't see it. See screen capture below:

The rest of it seems to "work"

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.