[Beta] Wink Relay - LAN Integration

Does adb work properly otherwise? If you're not intimately familiar with adb and troubleshooting it, I would recommend using a browser directly on the Wink Relay to download the APK and install it directly on the device. :smiley:

1 Like

How do I install via the web browser? I do have firefox on the relay. Relay is rooted. Can I just search for the STWinkRelay?

You can use the links from the first post in this thread.

Just got my HE two days ago...moving from Wink. I have three Wink Relays and this procedure went flawlessly. I could not be happier. You saved $210 worth of Wink Relays from life in the junk drawer. Thank you!

2 Likes

Josh, this has been a truly amazing process converting my wink Relay's to be controlled by Hubitat. I just have one problem, I was hoping you could help with. One of My Relay's backlight keeps coming on and staying on. Normally not an issue but it is the one in my Bedroom and at night is bright. I can manually turn it off with the Hubitat control but it comes back on in about 15 min and stays on. It is keeping my wife awake and I need to come up with a solution. Any help greatly appreciated!!

1 Like

Did you disable the OEM features? When you open the STWinkRelay app on the Wink Relay, it should have a big button in the center asking you disable it.

If that doesn't help, I would need more information from you to help troubleshoot.

Keep in mind that @adamkempenich added an option for Enable backlight with proximity and another option for setting the threshold. You may want to play with the threshold value or disable that feature.

1 Like

Hi Josh

Every now and then these Wink relays reboot themselves. How can ensure that the new Wink Relay app loads upon reboot?
Cheers
Derrick

I have the same issue with (all of) my Wink Relays. Since I use a Lightify 4 button switch to control my bedroom lights, I assigned the Relay's "backlight off' control to the same button that I use to turn all the lights off when I hit the sack. That seems to have taken care of it - until I pass by it in the morning but, like you, during the day I don't really care. Thanks to @josh for this relay-saving process.

Will this integration free the Relays of any dependency on Wink to continue working?

A couple Relays are my only remaining Wink devices, and I don't want to pay their subscription (nor do I see them lasting much longer)

Yes. It runs locally on your LAN and has a feature to disable the built in (OEM) Wink Relay app.

1 Like

Awesome... Thanks to you and Adam for all of your work on this!

@josh where do you disable the OEM Wink app so it doesnt get bricked? I dont see an option for that in the settings of the new relay app running on the relay or the device preferences on the hubitat. (i'm also not seeing options for "the ability to wake the LCD screen based on screen touches or button presses." am i just in the wrong place?)

Can you please share a picture of what you are seeing?

Should be right on the first screen of the app:

Yeah, i dont see that button. I set this up a while ago and dont recall if it was there originally.

Does the button just go away after you select it?

Yes. It goes away if the OEM package is already disabled.

1 Like

Ah, that must be it then! Thank you!

Quick question - I have a couple of Wink relays that I didn't bother updating yet... Does the update require a "live" connection to the Wink servers?

Which update? The one in the STWinkRelay app settings (General > Update App) downloads the custom STWinkRelay app updates from a server I host.

1 Like