[BETA] Tuya Cloud Driver (Limited device support)

Hi, I'm using this driver successfully with smart plugs and smart light bulb and work great... Thank you very much.

I bought this heater Amazon.ca

Heat Storm HS-1500-PHX-WIFI Infrared Heater, WiFi

And I see the driver receive the device, but I don't see it in the list... what should I do to at least have an on/off control on it?

Thank you

I did find this driver on your github : hubitat-drivers/ComponentHeatingDevice.groovy at main · bradsjm/hubitat-drivers · GitHub

and install it as a new driver in my hubitat, but it doesn't seem to have help.

Let me know what log you would need.

[dev:801]2022-01-29 14:22:32.473 [error](Garage Heater device creation failed: com.hubitat.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type 'Generic Component Heating Device' in namespace 'component' not found at line null (null)

[dev:801]2022-01-29 14:22:32.467 [info](Creating device Garage Heater using Generic Component Heating Device driver

[dev:801]2022-01-29 14:22:32.463 [debug]Tuya category qn driver [namespace:component, driver:Generic Component Heating Device]

Thank you

Thanks @Luft , you did download the right driver and I've just updated the main Tuya driver to have the corrected name of it so if you grab that it should now create the device.

1 Like

Thank you @jonathanb , it works great...

1 Like

Hi Cometfish,

I have managed to play with this tonight and just as you said, import new driver and it works.

Thank you so much for your efforts very much appreciated. So excited to continue to build my new Hubitat world.

Best Wishes

Lee

1 Like

Just wanted to say a massive thanks for this beta – three X-Sense Smoke Detectors now part of my Hubitat set up… great work!

2 Likes

Hi Jonathan!

I just tried to install this driver into Hubitat and got this error:

Ambiguous expression could be either a parameterless closure expression or an isolated open code block; solution: Add an explicit closure parameter list, e.g. {it -> ...}, or force it to be treated as an open block by giving it a label, e.g. L:{...} @ line 1, column 1.

This is what appeared in the editor window:
{
"author": "Jonathan Bradshaw",
"gitHubUrl": "https:// github.com/bradsjm/hubitat-drivers",
"packages": [
{
"id": "aeb1abe9-6c31-4bd3-9c5b-4754922e30a6",
"name": "Tuya IoT Platform (Cloud)",
"category": "Integrations",
"location": "https:// raw.githubusercontent.com/bradsjm/hubitat-drivers/main/Tuya/packageManifest.json",
"description": "Tuya IoT Platform (Cloud)",
"tags": [
"Cloud"
]
}
]
}

Are you able to point out what the error is complaining about? FYI I added a space after the HTTPS:// as the forum was automatically converting them to the title of the target.

I think you may have used the wrong link, that looks like the one for the Hubitat Package Manager. The driver itself is at this link:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bradsjm/hubitat-drivers/main/Tuya/TuyaOpenCloudAPI.groovy

OK, now I am stuck. Hopefully someone who's already gone through this Tuya Developer API integration process can indicate other things to try.

The error I'm getting is "Skill ID Invalid" which is normally related to the Data Centre being incorrect for the Country (It's not) or the login info being wrong (Tuya app login + Client ID & Secret are correct).

Does anyone have any other suggestions or things I can try?

1 Like

Got a simular kind of problem. Don’t know what I’m doing wrong either.

Change the driver from Australia to Sweden, I've seen a few Aussie folks say that works. No idea why.

Thanks Josh! @jonathanb @monsterdykaren Josh's tip worked - you need to link your Tuya account to your Cloud account.

1. Go to Dev Centre - Cloud - Development - Devices - "Link Tuya App Account"
  2. Open up Tuya or Smart Home, whichever one you use
  3. You are looking for the QR Code reader in the app. In the Tuya app, it's in the top right in "Me"
  4. "Add App Account" button on the website. Scan the QR Code that appears. Sorted.

The setup guide says this - but I could not find the first tab indicated when I was looking originally. Configuration Wizard of Smart Home PaaS-Documentation-Tuya Developer

See Josh's original Post: [BETA] Tuya Cloud Driver (Limited device support) - #29 by joshskin

1 Like

I had not linked my account that way either i found out. Hopefully it will work now.

So far it has’nt helped me so there must be something more that I have missed.

dont worry i couldnt get it work either

1 Like

Working fine for me..........

1 Like

Getting any sort of errors in the logs? Or what's the problem? I followed the instructions and got it working without any problems a few weeks ago.

The virtual device is stuck like this:

Current States

• deviceCount : 0
  • state : authenticating

I’ll check the logs. :+1:

I have checked the logs and and cant find anything about the driver at all there so I don’t know actually…

On the parent device, the integration driver, make sure all the settings are filled in, turn on both logging options and save. Hit refresh at the top. Something should be generated in the logs with the logging enabled.