[BETA] Tile Template Generator

I deselect and re select device. This is what I get in the apply template page.

I also do indeed see it in file manager

if you click off the input and then click the Apply Filter it should populate the drop down for the slot. Try a shorter version of the name and see if the capitalization or something is the issue

Nope no change. Tried all types of versions of the name clicked off input etc.

Even if you leave that field blank it should give you the option to do a match up for the device... Let's go to the first page and click Clear Previous Settings, and then after the screen refreshes re-add the device, and see if we get different results. If not we may want to do a HPM Repair on the app.

Did all that and I still get the same problem. Also did a repair.

Correction!

I forgot to re enable security settings after repair.

It's not getting valid return from the query of your hub's local file manager. After line 284 which reads

if (resp != null){

let's insert

log.debug "${resp.getStatus()} <br>${resp.data}"

and then open the app, navigate to the template assignment page, and see what the log shows.

I'll do that as soon as I get home.

Quick check and neither app has that at 284. Looks like it's at 286?

The list is populated now.

My next issue may be simply misunderstanding how to use it.

Can I create a template in generator and then apply it to more than one device using the manager? I'm currently successful in getting it to apply to my primary hub info but I want to also apply it to my secondary hub info. It doesn't seem to work with the second hub info. Will I need to create a second template?

It doesn't look like it makes the device.

Again, I was successful with my initial attempt but can't seem to get another one to work.

You have a couple ways of doing it, but it should allow multiple devices to use the same template. If you wish to have one hub/one instance of the app do the processing for multiple devices they all must be resident, or they must have a device shared across HubMesh, on the hub that is running the app and has the template. Then in the app select all devices that you wish to utilize, and then assign each to a slot and associate the template. Alternatively you can run a version (or multiples) of the app on each hub and copy the template to each hub's File Manager. Each instance of the app will create a device to host up to 10 template/device assignments - resultant html attributes will be labelled htmlXX where XX corresponds to the slot number.

I was trying to do it seperate. This was the problem. It works now! Thanks for walking me through it.

It's a little more complex than I like, so more than happy to give you an assist.

1 Like