[BETA] Tasmota (Connect) - Pure Tasmota/HE Integration + real-time status (for Sonoff, Tuya, SmartLife & other ESP8266 devices) - ST port

Hello friend, I would like to congratulate you for the effort of trying to bring tasmota connect to Hubitat, I currently use it on Smartthings and it works perfectly, Hongtat did an excellent job of developing this app.
I was wondering if it would be possible to control an IR Tuya in the same way that is possible in ST.
I use this driver a lot, is it possible to convert it to work in Hubitat?
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hongtat/tasmota-connect/master/devicetypes/hongtat/tasmota-virtual-air-conditioner.src/tasmota-virtual-air-conditioner.groovy

Hello friend, I was wondering if you could update the App to add the virtual air conditioner, I'm testing your app and it's working really well. Keep up the good work

1 Like

Sonoff virtual air conditioner? Not familiar with that product. Can you post a link?

Thanks!

Hello there.... Thanks for the great job done with this application....

I have tasmotized the following device

Sonoff TX T0 2 Gang

When I use your app to install the new device, the app only recognize the first Switch and not the second one. I have tried different configurations but the result is always the same.

Any idea why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance

Hello there.... Thanks for the great job done with this application....

I have tasmotized the following device

Sonoff TX T0 2 Gang

amazon.com

Sonoff TX T0 Smart Light Switch Wi-Fi Wall Switch, Works with Alexa and Google...

Sonoff TX T0 Smart Light Switch Wi-Fi Wall Switch, Works with Alexa and Google Home, Fit for US&CA Wall Switches, 2 Gang 1 Way, No Hub Needed: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

When I use your app to install the new device, the app only recognize the first Switch and not the second one. I have tried different configurations but the result is always the same.

Any idea why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance

@jcastrillo This is an issue with this app. I have some double-plugs, and they do not work with this app. You have to use this app instead:

You MUST DELETE the device from this app (don't delete the app, just remove this 2-gang switch from the app.

Thanks gonna try right now

1 Like

Hello It worked.... but I can see now that if I switch on or off the device manually, hubitat does not refresh the status ( On and Off status) .... if I switch on or off from Hubitat they immediately refresh the status

This is the FW installed in the switch 6.6.0(release-sonoff)

Any idea why? Many thanks

@jcastrillo You probably didn't install their fork of tasmota. Can you send me a screenshot of the tasmota web UI of that device?

Thanks Here it is
Devices are recognized as Sonoff T1 (2ch). Once i manually press the switch, to get the right status ( on or off) in the app, I need to click refresh button to get the update

One more off topic question. once I tasmotize my devices, should I always run the firmware Upgrade to see if there is a new version available..... or better not to mess around with the Firmware upgrade feature and keep things as is if they are working...... Thanks

@jcastrillo I meant the tasmota web ui, not the habitat UI

About the firmware upgrade, that is what you have to do. However, you are not supposed to use the main tasmota. Instead, you have to give it the link for makrus's fork of tasmota.

If you do it correctly the bottom of the tasmota web UI will say Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 9.00.14 AM

Hello there.... All set!!!!! working like expected,.... My issue was that the firmware was not updated to the version you mentioned.... One more question..... I have several Sonoff mini and Sonoff Basic installed using different firmwares from tasmota.... would you recommend me to upgrade the firmware of all these devices to the one from Markus??? See an example of Tasmota mini

Many Many Many thanks

@jcastrillo I don't recommend upgrading single-gang switches or plugs to Markus' tasmota, as this integration works better for single gang, non dimming switches and single plugs. Upgrading the tasmota doesn't effect @pgux integration, but it is a lot of work to upgrade and reset every device for little to no output

Understood thank you very much..... all set now....

Just a hint.... Most of my switches only have a light installed. This means that the second gang ( Switch 2) is not in use..... However, and due to the fact that the price difference between 1 gang and 2 gang devices are almost nothing, I recommend going for the 2 gangs device giving you the option to assign (program) the button to do something else in your home automation system.... Pretty useful

@jcastrillo I would reccomend you use the markus-tasmota for dual gang switches, even with only 1 light, so that you can detect changes on the second switch in hubitat and run automations when the state of switch two changes

1 Like

Anybody’s know if this works with TuyaMCU based devices? I have a couple Beca BHT-200 Wifi thermostats that I want to integrate into Hubitat. Since these are installed at mobile home where I don’t want to over complicate the smarthome installation, I want to keep the HW footprint to a bare minimum. Currently there are some open source firmware for this devices, but they are primarily MQTT only and since I already have Hubitat installed at this location I would like to avoid installing another device (like a Raspi) just to integrate with an additional MQTT or Homebridge server.
This specific implementation of Tasmota Connect is interesting to me since I don’t really want to have to install the forked firmware as I have no idea whether the TuyaMCU (and BecaThermostat component) is even supported in that modified firmware. So, using the standard Tasmota Firmware would be preferred.
Of course, if the forked firmware does include the TuyaMCU with BecaThermostat functionality, I may revert to that if necessary. But I am not really optimistic that it is supported.

@chris.martin Tasmota was designed to run on the esp8266 and cannot run on a different processor, such as the TuyaMCU. Currently, the only way that does not require additional purchases (if you are savvy, you can do it through home assistant on a pi or home assistant on a VM that runs on an always-on computer) is to download the Alexa app (you don't need an echo), connect tuya, create a bunch of simulated Alexa switches: SmartThings-Alexa/simulated-alexa-switch.groovy at master ¡ bjpierron/SmartThings-Alexa ¡ GitHub, and each automation you need yo do via hubitat, link it to a simulated alexa switch, and have the contact sensor of that switch trigger an alexa routine that changes the thermostat. Im pretty sure the only two ways to integrate the thermostat device directly are smartthings (hit or miss for each device, use hubconect to connect to hubitat, but hubconnect is being phased out by smartthings (stopping to support groovy)) or home assistant, where you create a virtual thermostat in hubitat, connect the thermostat to home assistant, connect the hubitat to home assistant, and create a home assistant rule to mirror the virtual to the real and vice versa

Sorry, I think you got something wrong. The Beca BHT-200 is an ESP8266 device. And Tuya MCU is a Tasmota component. See here: TuyaMCU - Tasmota

1 Like

And for the record, there are some “Work in progress” functions in TuyaMCU from Tasmota for this Beca WiFi Thermostat:
https://tasmota.github.io/docs/TuyaMCU/#becathermostat
So, I am hoping to be able to use a Tasmota firmware that includes these functions and utilize Hubitat to access it. The question is whether this port of Tasmota Connect will work with it or would it work with the forked Tasmota firmware and the other Tasmota Hubitat app. I think one issue with the other app is that the developer was kicked off of Hubitat because they are releasing a hub in competition with Hubitat. So, their Tasmota Hubitat implementation will probably eventually die off. And I don’t want to be stuck with that modified firmware with no more support in Hubitat (assuming it would work in the first place.