[BETA] Ring Integration

just reinstalled it and get this

2019-05-28 21:22:18.825 errorgroovyx.net.http.ResponseParseException: OK on line 451 (handleOn)

app:16072019-05-28 21:24:00.179 debuggroovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Unauthorized

push on my doorbell nets this

dev:17942019-05-28 21:24:46.729 errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_ring_Ring_Doorbell_1346.push() is applicable for argument types: () values: []

thanks for the info. For your first post I will work on cleaning up logging but neither of those are alarming. The Unauthorized is because the API has a token that times out. Some people I've seen build Ring integrations just do a login at every request. That's inefficient. Instead, I cache the token, and use it over and over again. If the token has expired (Unauthorized) I then re-login. So you will definitely see Unauthorized messages in the logging as currently implemented.

Your push item is more concerning, this was triggered via pressing the actual doorbell or by pressing the "push" button in Hubitat?

the button in hubitat

From what im reading you must use Alexa?

Will this work for the Floodlight?

Yes, there is no way (currently) to receive realtime alerts from Ring other than IFTTT or Alexa.

Can you download the latest Ring_Doorbell.groovy and tell me if that resolved it?

Yup, I have it working with 2 floodlights

See my post on how to get Ring Integration to work on HubConnect using Smartthings:

Smartthings hubs are on eBay for $20 to $30, this may work without Smartthings hub too. The motion and button presses are instant for me on HubConnect with Smartthings Ring Integration.

Yup ST would work too, however my ST hub is comfortably in the trash these days :grinning:

Not to veer this thread off track but you don't need the ST hub to capture motion and button presses on the ring doorbell. It can be accomplished through the Alexa app and a virtual switch in HE. Just an FYI.

1 Like

I did that b4 but hated having multiple virtual switches and you can't turn on the lights for the Ring Floodlights without needing another switch and routine in Alexa. What I suggested doesn't need a bunch of virtual switches, it works like it's a device.

Doesn't Hubconnect create virtual switches anyway? Is there a dedicated virtual driver for the doorbell that combines button and motion? Just curious as I plan to implement Hubconnect once I have time to sit down and plan out how to distribute apps and driver's across botth my HE hubs.

1 Like

It is but motion and button on Ring Doorbell is on one device. The Ring Floodlight is a driver I created for HubConnect, sent to @srwhite and it's planned on a future HubConnect release. Ring Floodlight driver has motion and Switch.

Everything is instant, no delays at all.

1 Like

Gave it a try, I am getting the button to show up in rules now but it is still not doing anything when I press the doorbell.

You could put a scheduled routine to run once a week in the App that automatically gets a new token.

I have installed for the older doorbell. It appears to work. I will be playing with it in the next few days. Great start.

Dave

dman,

I've implemented your latest code (as of 6/19/19) and it works well. The only anomaly I see so far is that if I trigger an alarm, it will turn itself off in 30 seconds. This happens whether I trigger the alarm from Hubitat or from Ring's own apps. It seems that every time Hubitat executes a refresh, it will turn off any alarms in progress.

EDIT: I just added some debug code to report siren seconds remaining on each camera. It appears that the default value might be 30 seconds. I haven't let a siren run that long in the past.

EDIT 2: It looks like 30 seconds is the default duration for a Ring camera siren.

Any guidance on 2 factor authentication?
It tells me the u and p are incorrect, but the RIng pings me with my verification PIN.

I believe it is working, but trips up on the 2 factor authentication stuff.

The integration wasn't built with 2FA support. I'd recommend you take a look at [Release] Ring Integration @codahq looks like he got a lot more accomplished with the integration than I did.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.