[BETA] Ring Integration

Gave it a try, I am getting the button to show up in rules now but it is still not doing anything when I press the doorbell.

You could put a scheduled routine to run once a week in the App that automatically gets a new token.

I have installed for the older doorbell. It appears to work. I will be playing with it in the next few days. Great start.

Dave

dman,

I've implemented your latest code (as of 6/19/19) and it works well. The only anomaly I see so far is that if I trigger an alarm, it will turn itself off in 30 seconds. This happens whether I trigger the alarm from Hubitat or from Ring's own apps. It seems that every time Hubitat executes a refresh, it will turn off any alarms in progress.

EDIT: I just added some debug code to report siren seconds remaining on each camera. It appears that the default value might be 30 seconds. I haven't let a siren run that long in the past.

EDIT 2: It looks like 30 seconds is the default duration for a Ring camera siren.

Any guidance on 2 factor authentication?
It tells me the u and p are incorrect, but the RIng pings me with my verification PIN.

I believe it is working, but trips up on the 2 factor authentication stuff.

The integration wasn't built with 2FA support. I'd recommend you take a look at [Release] Ring Integration @codahq looks like he got a lot more accomplished with the integration than I did.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.