[BETA RELEASE] Denon AVR Driver

I did.

Probably need to release a new one.

I got reporting right on sound modes that the amp is putting out.

The reason I did this is because Denon doesn't use Neural:X for Multi Channel unless you press the Movie button once

Now, if Denon reports it's in Multi-channel, I have webcore press the Movie button to get it into Neural:X automatically. Works out beautifully.

That's one of the biggest changes and I also got it restarting properly on Hubitat boot and the initialize button.

After I eat some breakfast, I'll finish those mode edits and post it again on my GitHub page.

Location for the one just updated

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/abuttino/Hubitat-Custom/master/drivers/denon-avr-master.groovy

I can't figure out how to get Z3 working and not really worried about it because the built-in driver can do what I want for Z3. If you know groovy, I'll work with you to get Z3 working.

The main zone, I got a lot of features added that the built-in driver doesn't do.

1 Like

Posted!

Thank you, installing shortly.

I have some scripting experience, no need for Z3 at the moment though.

One difference from the built in is being able to choose attribute for device/room, yours states none.

Added:

More audio modes for reporting (I like to know which mode the receiver is in), have "Notifications for Fire TV" and use tasker and webCoRE to send the current audio mode to my TV. Some of these also work to change the receiver mode, some don't, but they all report well.

Front display dimmer control

Same link as above

1 Like

Is anyone on this thread able to use the Denon driver with an AVR-1912?
I have the opportunity to acquire one of those but don't want to go to the trouble if it won't connect to Hubitat. It is a 2011 era receiver, so better than my 1990 era, and also uses far less standby power, but I'm willing to keep looking if there is no Hubitat connection.