[BETA RELEASE] Denon AVR Driver

Sorry that took longer to try out than I intended!

Driver seems to be working fine in terms of basic features. Nothing’s blown up on the hub since I installed it either.

I don’t quite understand what the speaker child device does?

YES!

So... my device has the ability to control speaker volume individually (it’s in the API). It was an experiment in using the config method... It works... is it useful? I doubt it.

1 Like

2021-01-28 08:07:33.514 am errorjava.lang.StackOverflowError: null on line 285 (installed)

Error is from zone 2 device. Which also got created as "null Zone2" and it doesn't look like it's taking a rename.

Also, I'm not seeing where the "source" is selectable?

Also seems to be missing a refresh or current states (input) on zone 2.

SOOOOO not complaining and trying to aid in testing :slight_smile: If you get this all sorted out this will be awesome for those of us that have really been wanting Zone 2 support!

I see. It can adjust the volume to each channel manually. I have a Marantz SR8015 and I think it could probably do that, but I use the Audessey tuning to automatically set each speaker level.

Nice driver, works well with my AVR-S650H. Thanks!

Been waiting for this since I switched from Vera. Works great with my receiver--thanks!

Has anyone figured out a way to send macro commands via rule machine or any other means?

I've enjoyed using this driver but have noticed that the Receiver becomes non-responsive after a few days. Saving preferences restores the connection. The receiver is set to a static IP address. Has anyone had an issue like this?

I've also found this same issue.
Been really liking the driver, but this problem drives my wife mad.
Wish I could fiddle with logging as well.

@thomas.c.howard not sure if you're still around, but the driver is great! I also have the same issue as the last couple of posters here, where the connection dies for some reason until I hit "save preferences" again. Suggestions? Thanks a ton!

Is it possible that SOMETHING else is connecting to the receiver? Because if so it will kill the connection. So if you use an android app or anything else that connects to the receiver I've found that will kill it.

@jrfarrar interesting possibility! I do use the Denon Android app, so that could make sense - though in my testing right now, I can't reproduce that. But will play with that - maybe some combo of using the app + time?

If I remember right (it's been a while) it's only if they collide (aka the app is making a change with HE goes to do something) then it's done. Seems like there should be a simple way in the code as some sort of watchdog to reconnect if it dies....

try replacing this in the main driver:

//commands
def executeCommand(command) {
    log.debug("Sending command: $command");
    command = command;
	rslt = sendHubCommand(new hubitat.device.HubAction(command, hubitat.device.Protocol.TELNET))
    log.debug("RESULT OF COMMAND: $rslt")
}

bascially just adding a result of sending a command. Can you check the logs when it fails and see what you get?

Thanks! Just added and will see what happens.

Played around with this more tonight, and added some code to re-initialize the connection, which is part of what "Save Preferences" does. FWIW, all of the "Result of Command" responses given what you sent were "null". Gonna see if this keeps it reliable - LMK if you want the updates I made.

If your change makes it more reliable, please post.

Did your changes help with the connection reliability? I've just switched to this driver from the OEM as that was losing connection every so often and I was hoping to be able to make this one more reliable .

If your tweaks to the driver helped, I would be grateful for the details

Thanks

Hi! I`m using an old AVR-X2000, and it has a source - CD - that I can´t access through the available options. Is there some way to add it to the driver to make it selectable?

The information below is displayed at the device page, and the unacessible input is the input 1.

• currentInput : {1=Fire TV 4K}
  • inputSources : {11={code=SERVER, name=Input 11}, 1={code=CD, name=Fire TV 4K}, 2={code=TV, name=Input 2}, 3={code=BD, name=Input 3}, 4={code=SAT/CBL, name=Input 4}, 5={code=DVD, name=Input 5}, 6={code=IRADIO, name=Input 6}, 7={code=TUNER, name=Input 7}, 8={code=MPLAY, name=Input 8}, 9={code=GAME, name=Input 9}, 10={code=NET, name=Input 10}}

Thanks in advance for any help!