[BETA RELEASE] Aeotec HEM Gen5 (2 Phase) Driver

Aeotec HEM Gen5 (2 Phase) Driver

This driver is for the Aeotec Gen 5 Home Energy Monitor (HEM), 2 Phase Version.

NOTE

A couple things to note:

• This is BETA software, and is subject to be totally broken. I'm still testing it out myself, but more eyes are always appreciated.
  • This is a MVP. Minimal functionality has been achieved, but I'm not doing anything extra, like calculating dollar costs.
  • This is my first driver released to the public, so I've probably done some things incorrectly.

IMPORTANT RESTRICTIONS:

• THIS DRIVER IS CURRENTLY FOR THE H.E. C-7 HUB ONLY
  • THIS DRIVER WAS DEVELOPED AND TESTED ONLY AGAINST FIRMWARE 1.37 ON THE HEM
  • THIS DRIVER IS FOR THE ZW095-A ONLY

Status

This driver is in BETA status and is considered a MVP (Minimum Viable Product). While all basic functionality should work, nothing extra has been added. Please file issues with feature requests if there is a functionality you would like to see added.

Known Issues

• Hubitat's Driver interface does not handle multi-select options well. This means a few things:
    • You will not see the option to multi-select until you save the configuration at least once.
    • Selections do not persist after refresh or saving.
    • Unfortunately, there is no workaround for this. If you find it frustrating, please bring it up with Hubitat support.

Tested environments

Hubs:

• C-7

HE Software:

Release Notes

• 0.1.0: Initial Release

Code

https://github.com/viertaxa/hubitat/tree/main/Drivers/AeotecHEMGen5-2-Phase

Feature Requests and Bug Reports

Please open Feature Requests and Bug Reports as an issue on GitHub:

https://github.com/viertaxa/hubitat/issues

Support

Support can be found at https://github.com/viertaxa/hubitat/discussions or below.

HPM

This will be released on HPM once it leaves BETA status.

Releases

RELEASE HISTORY:
    - 0.1.0: Initial Release
    - 0.1.1: Fix typo introduced in cleanup of code
    - 0.1.2: Add back in ability to enable debug messaging
    - 0.1.3: Cleanup of cruft and a bit of debug logging added
    - 0.1.4: Tiny bit of cleanup
1 Like

Reserved for future use.

Also reserved for future use.

:+1:

After looking around and finding this driver, I pulled my Aeotec HEM Gen5 out of a box and reinstalled it on my C-7. Found it right away and have it up and running with this driver.

I do have a question though. I see a lot of fields in the Preferences about reports. Where can I find these reports?

Looking to see reports based on energy usage per hour/day/week type of things. Is this available somewhere? If not, that's my next app... lol.

Thanks

The "reports" are z-wave reports, i.e. how often the meter tells the hub what its usage has been. There's no reporting built in to this driver for making pretty graphs and such. I would suggest using one of the exporter apps out there that send to an external timeseries database and hook Grafana up to that to get nice graphics.

You should have this added to Hubitat Package Manager

2 Likes

Do you have 3 phase version of the driver?

Download the Hubitat app