[Beta] MQTT beta 3d (released 5th July)

sorry about the temp on a lamp... Apparently I should have been in bed and not playing with MQTT.

I think I was saying the cmd topic... but who knows lol. Ill try the 1/0 and see where I get.

Also is there a way to change Celsius to Fahrenheit or is that just a product of what my aqualink is posting to MQTT

Last question - When I get down to more complex items like the heaters, SWG (Saltwater generator), and freeze how would one add those.

Snag_46e70de

Not sure you recall, but I have the MQTT Alarm Panel and to set it and sync between it and HSM, I had to create thee virtual switches to send particular payload messages.

The Aqualink info should tell you how to control the lamp (Aux) switches .. it will likely expect a topic with

...Aux_1/set or
Aux_1/cmd appended

My app doesn't convert MQTT payload values but I feel sure Aqualink should be configurable to send in F isn't it ? Otherwise you could allow the virtual sensor to be updated in C and trigger a RM rule to convert it to F in another sensor.

Each 'payload' on MQTT can be mapped to an attribute value of the same 'type' on HE e.g. temperature to temperature. Any payload can be mapped to a 'variable' attribute or to the 'text' attribute in my virtual MQTT Text driver. The more awkward aspect is can you use one device that has several attributes and will that display correctly is say HE Dashboard ?

Well my app supports mapping an MQTT payload to multiple devices or mapping several different payloads to different attributes in one device. So if there is a virtual device driver available that supports a combination of attributes that suits then you can use that (multi sensor and omni sensor for example) . If there isn't then you will need to map the payloads to individual devices that match or use a 'variable' or 'text' attribute which and these display nicely in HE Dashboard
(For example the Percent and Percent_f could be mapped to a light if you wanted - setpoint to temp and PPM to lumens or to a variable / text attribute

1 Like

Thanks for all of the help - I will go break some things and see where it gets me.

Build me a pool and send better weather I'll make it work for you :wink:

Shout if you need more help

That works OK I assume - but you would like not to have to have those extra devices ? I'll have to recap on why we needed to do that and see if we can eliminate them.

Still not totally correct but 32-212 would be closer if it's truly scaling.

Actually not even nearly correct ! Amateur oversight.
Thanks Steven

I did realise too and posted a retraction ... duh .. I'll likely delete the post but I wanted Dave to see why.

I can't handle non coincident 0 base values. NodeRED would work well for this but it's an easy RM implementation as well. F <> C is one of the slightly more awkward imperial/metric conversions

I don't think it's the role of my app to do anything beyond basic payload mappings and the light level.

1 Like

Agreed.

OTOH, if it gets you a pool and warmer weather...

Sure....you said the following in a PM about it.

There are obvious improvements - we need a three state device rather than a virtual switch (two set modes & disarmed) and we may be able to interact with the Konnected driver directly depending on what it exposes when enabled on MQTT

What does it expose ?

I mean he can use mine :slight_smile:

Well, pfft! :wink:

1 Like

@kevin I've got most of it configured, well at least the stuff I want. The last two I cant for the life of me figure out are The SWG and Pool Heat.

It looks like pool or spa heat would be a virtual thermostat, tied to an on off switch - however I cant seem to map the virtual thermostat .

Snag_5d36388

Konnected shows the status of all sensors and alarm related devices.

The virtual thermostat in HE has inbuilt intelligence which will interact with Aqualink in an undesireable way . Both trying to be the controller. In the next (and final) beta there is a device driver I have included for a dumb thermostat. I think you will have better luck with that if you can wait a week or so.

Did you find out how to 'cmd' or 'set' values via MQTT ?

I did, and I have plenty of time to wait.

I have everything else going minus the Temp, freeze point, and SWG (Saltwater Generator), so while I wait, I'm building a dashboard for it. The Dashboard still needs work, but its coming along.

I recently picked up a couple of EspPixelSticks to use above and below cabinets but I'm struggling to figure out what virtual device to use to publish the JSON message to control the leds connected to the esppixelstick.

Any thoughts would be great!

Can you post an expanded topic screenshot of the device on MQTT and an example MQTT control message payload you are trying to send and the required topic ?

Have you tried creating a virtual device already - I assume they are color ? Maybe a virtual RGB or RGBW light. If so do they update their status correctly into HE ? A screenhot from HE of the device's data would be useful (Advanced/Data)

Sorry, its not letting me upload a screenshot of the payload from mqtt explorer.

Status topic: kitchen/esps/cabinet/set
set topic: kitchen/esps/cabinet

Payload:
{
"state": "OFF",
"color": {
"r": 255,
"g": 0,
"b": 0
},
"brightness": 255,
"speed": 6,