[RELEASE] Linptech/Moes 24Ghz Presence Sensor ES1 ( TS0225 _TZ3218_awarhusb ) drivers

Actually, there is an easy solution - if the firmware version is less than 0x45 divide the time by 60, and the result will be in minutes, like in the last firmware versions. So it's actually not a bug but a change in the measurement unit from the Linptech side.

The next version will include a lot of changes on the way all the preferences for all device types/profiles are handled, so it will take more time to publish it for wider tests.

1 Like

Hi all,

Just got mine in the mail and set up last night. Updated 1.5.3 this morning. One issue, if I may. Ceiling fan is an issue. I can turn fan on with room empty, walk in to room, motion goes to active but never resets to inactive. Fan off, everything works great. I’ve played around with settings and placement quite a bit can get past the ceiling fan issue. Any tips, tricks, or suggestions?

Below are the setting I’m using currently.

Try decreasing the ' Motion Detection Sensitivity' and the Static Detection Sensitivity preferences from their default maximum values (5).

Also, point the sensor a bit down to the floor so that the ceiling fan is on the peripheral view of the radar.

1 Like

@jvwilson101
Also remember the LED must be up or down, USB on side, to get the proper fan shaped horizontal sensing pattern.

3 Likes

@kkossev these seem to have a (null) battery attribute. Unusual for a usb powered device. So far hasn’t been an issue.

I can't do anything about this issue until Hubitat implements dynamic capabilities in the platform.

This code handles probably 100 different Tuya devices, there is no way that I support 100 different drivers...

2 Likes

…but I could copy your code and hack out the appropriate bits and use it as a driver for only these devices since I would still use your version for all the other Tuya stuff.

1 Like

Yes, as I mentioned before, this device is a good candidate for a lightweight, dedicated, and optimized driver.

It will also be very interesting to compare the performance/resource usage between a dedicated driver and this 4-in-1 driver.

I will help you with this activity if needed.

1 Like

I think if you do make a single device driver for this sensor we can look at adding an additional event that reports actual presence duration when the device goes inactive. What "existance_time" is called isn't totally important to me as long as it works. You could spell it "existence". "presence_time" or "sensor_time" etc could be more logical.. but so many different meanings can work.

The critical word was hack. I do program in groovy and could very likely use your code as a guide. However, I would need to find a decent compilation environment that would do reasonable syntax checks. The changes I have made in HE apps and drivers so far have been very limited and very incremental so the HE compiler and running incremental tests sufficed.

Paring down your mountain of code to make it a one trick pony is not a challenge I feel comfortable taking on. But, I can remove visible attributes (battery) and change “minutes” to “seconds” as needed. :innocent:

1 Like

This should be an easy 'hack' - just make the changes and change also the driver name ( I usually add 'KK mod' when I do the same :slight_smile: )

BTW, the battery attribute should not be visible! You can see it only in RM5, webCoRE, or if you use some utilities such as the Device Details Display Utility

1 Like

Is it possible to completely turn off motion detection leaving only presence and illumination?

I’ve got motions that handle the job well and think this sensor would be best as dedicated presence in my scenario. For the life of me I can’t get this to stop picking up ceiling fan.

This is not a presence sensor in the meaning of mobile presence device such as a mobile phone or a RF tag or the Samsung presence sensor… it is a very sensitive, but yet motion detection sensor.

Did you try lowering the sensitivity and pointing the device to the floor?

Yes, I did. Lowered it to 1 on both motion and static and pointed to floor. Still picking up ceiling fan. It’s probably something on my end I need to adjust.

By presence, I meant occupancy. This would best fit my need as a simple room occupancy sensor.

I have a floor standing fan that interferes with the occupancy, but I can ignore it by pointing the sensor to direction that does not view the fan…

Other similar sensors are sensitive to electromagnetic fields from electronics nearby, also some USB power bricks are noisy and problematic… try changing the power supply too.

1 Like

Copy that. It seems to be the ceiling fan that causes the motion active as I can turn of the fan and the motion behaves as expected. I wonder if the Inovelli fan controller is causing this. Either way, thanks for your super responsive replies!

1 Like

I see very little performance impact. With 2 of these devices, here are some snapshots:

1 Like

Odd thing is, turning on the fan won’t trigger motion, it’s just makes it stay active if triggered my human motion.

Same thing happens when it's windy outside for me. If the plants are blowing around, no problem, unless I walk past. Then the sensor stays active forever until things moving. I think tweaking settings might help, but it's probably a limitation on this generation of these sensors.

Moving fan blades creating fluctuation for the reflected rf signal. Apparently this fluctuation is not enough for triggering motion but unfortunately enough to keep sensor active. Careful adjustment of static and moving sensitivities plus location and orientation may help. Unfortunately this is very time consuming and annoying process.