[BETA] Hubitat Package Manager

1.4.0 is now available. This is the last release in beta. If it proves stable I'll mark this as the official stable release (yay!) There are now 69 packages available.

New features:

• Added an option to include the hub name in notifications so you know which hub generated it (thanks @bago for the idea)
  • You can now search for packages instead of just using categories. A few notes
  1. You can search only the officially published repositories, custom repositories cannot be searched
  2. When a developer publishes a new package it may take up to an hour before it appears in search results. Think of this like a search engine, in the background it's building a search engine index which is done on an hourly schedule
  3. This works like a search engine, quotes search for exact strings, + means AND, | means OR, - means NOT and * is a wild card
  4. A big thanks to @aaron for providing me with an Azure account to run this!
  • The app list screen now shows a Donate button if the author has a PayPal setup (thanks @aaron)
  • Developers: Note used for anything yet, but in the manifest, for the main app (e.g. the parent app) please add a new property, primary: true my goal is to add a feature where after an install it automatically launches the setup process for that app and it'd be great if developers could prepare now (@bcopeland that should be the only upcoming manifest change, otherwise consider the json locked!)
  • New developers: @tonesto7 (Echo Speaks), @anon81541053 (Ecowitt Wifi), @funzie (Solaredge), @markus (Tasmota) and @ericm (Inovelli) have all joined the fun!

Bug fixes:

• Fixed a bug where some packages that had optional components would not install
  • Fixed a bug where sometimes it would say updates were available when they weren't.

** Due to a bug if you had manually installed 1.4.0 from the beta branch you will need to manually install this version.

9 Likes

Nice.. I’ll start prepping.. This is what I was holding back for.. I did some trial runs already...

6 Likes

I hope to release the MQTT app beta3 via this

5 Likes

Not sure if you are taking requests but it would helpful if we could have a link to the github for questions we may have about the apps/drivers. I installed Kasa Plugs, Switches and Bulbs by David Gutherinz and there is an option to install the correct drivers for my devices. I wasn't sure which driver corresponded to which Kasa plug so had to search the community to find the thread and then fond the github inside the thread. I know it's not difficult to do that but would have been a lot easier if the github link was on the install screen.

Either way, this is a fantastic app and as soon as I am able will be sending a donation your way.

That is available but the developer needs to add this to their packageManifest.

@djgutheinz can you add this?

"documentationLink": "URL to GitHUB Readme"
"communityLink": "Hubitat Community URL to app",

Wonderful. You are on the ball!

Wilco. Probably tomorrow. Dave

Added. Of course, it would not have helped sblizzard that much. You have to install the package before you can access the help instructions.

I am doing a new Application that partially alleviates this. See first page below:

I also modified the Manifest Package to include the specific Kasa model numbers in the name for each driver. Tested using my test hub.
Dave

1 Like

Thank you Dave and dman. Your hard work and dedication to the community is what makes owning a HE a fun adventure.

4 Likes

Is the scheduled updates function not working? I have it scheduled to check and download updates automatically everyday, but when i manually check for updates it still finds some.

Are there any errors in the logs? It has been working for me. Are you sure the updates we available during the timeframe the auto checker ran?

Hey @dman2306,

This has been a great app for me and though it stinks to have to restart so often, at least it’s automated! Any way to fix the notes on mobile app we can see wrapped text in portrait mode? Issue shown in photo.

Thanks! Keep up the good work...

-Travis

I’m shortly going to try including MQTTbeta in this, but just a couple of questions.

If a user has a previous MQTT beta version installed that used a different, now obsolete driver (not a child device) can Package Manager be used to delete that driver and device(s) , there could be a few, and install the new one ? I suppose deleting the code achieves that.

Secondly, can the updated app version be installed both as updated code, retaining existing state vars and children or alternatively if I wanted as a brand new app that will then run its installed() method ?

I hadn't looked at mobile for that to be honest, I'm sure it can be done... Just need to look at some of the CSS HE uses.

Sorry, I'm not sure I follow your questions but I'll try my best.

This is just a tool to install code. So there is nothing that ever acts on "devices" or calls "installed." Essentially it is automating pasting code into either the app or driver editor and saving. So no, it will not delete devices. Additionally, no it won't delete other device drivers. If the user already has your code installed it will Match Up based on the name/namespace of an app/driver. If you're saying that there is some old driver that you no longer use, no it wouldn't do anything about that.

As far as maintaining state goes, like I said it's pretty much just pasting code in the editor and clicking save, so all the state and such is maintained just like if the user did it in HE manually.

Not really sure if that answers your questions fully, let me know if you need more information.

Yes it does on both Q's - sorry if it was badly phrased. Maybe this won't be ideal for my first update but will be good for ongoing use.

@srwhite any chance HubConnect could be added to HPM making the installation easier?

Amazing work with this! One question: is there a way to add a setting to automatically enable new repositories (and maybe even re-match up) (or at least alert there's a new one) ? that way the update check always checks to max number of drivers

There isn't but that's a really good idea. Something like "A new repository was added, you may want to perform a Match Up"

@bcopeland recently added his repo and I know I had a few that matched up after that!

4 Likes

haha me too! that's exactly what made me think to ask. I hadnt realized i needed to add his repository until he indicated he had added it.