[BETA] Echo Speaks V4

It's a manual log entry we added for debug... I will make sure it's disabled for the next push

1 Like

The Fire Stick 4K does show up as available for announcements.

I setup a low battery alert (I know that most devices report battery status differently, just playing with the feature), it's set to speak and push when any battery is below 60%

I checked to ensure all were above 60% when I set it up, the lowest was 62%, now one is reporting 50% and no push notifications

I don't believe anything was spoken either and the history is null

Here is the settings page (yes it's disabled as of this morning, it has been active since I created it Feb 4)

I wonder why I'm not seeing any debug logs. I have the same log settings.

I think it depends on what your action is configured to do...

1 Like

FireSticks and FireTV Sticks will play announcements but not regular speech IIRC (but won't participate in the Everywhere device). Haven't tried a TV with embedded FireTV yet.

Anything special you did? My echo shows are working but still can’t get the fire sticks to show announcement.

Well, I used to run it through webCoRE, but just tested and doesn’t work now. I remember stumbling on it because the Speak and Restore wouldn’t work on them, but I changed to playAnnouncement to see what the difference was and suddenly they worked.

This morning, with no changes on my end, at least two of my six echoes are working. I presume the other four are also good but I haven't been able to test (house is still sleeping). Did something change with Amazon or Heroku?

Mine never stopped working, so I don't think anything changed.

Most of mine stopped working this morning as well. Logs show nothing. They just stopped doing anything.

Here's the log from a test I just did...

And now.... All dead again

Log for the ES app:

Log for the device:

I had a similar problem and I restarted my hub... seems to be working now just fine. Dunno why but if you haven't tried that you might give it a whirl.

I have noticed the following recently. I have the server setup to auto-update, but I set it up when using version 3 of the app and haven’t touched it since... I suspect I may have missed a step after the update to V4 using the HPM method...? I’m not seeing any recent updates in GitHub...

The Echo Speaks Server is at version 2.7.0.

1 Like

Thanks! It's odd that it's not automatically picking it up... I'll have to look into it.

Update: I ended-up having to manually merge the latest changes and deploying the branch in Heroku. Updated to 2.7.0! Yay! :smiley:

I've been having the same problem as well. Sometimes it works fine, and then for no apparent reason it stops with the same error code. Then a little later it will work again.

[Edit: inserted log]

At first blush, v4.0.9, fixed my problem. Hoping it will stick long-term. Thanks to @nh.schottfam and @tonesto7.

@tonesto7 Getting the following error when trying to update via Package Manager:

Error Occurred During Installation

An error occurred while installing the package: Failed to upgrade app https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tonesto7/echo-speaks/beta/apps/echo-speaks.groovy.

This shows in my logs:

2021-03-08 10:24:52.710 am infoFatal error occurred, rolling back

2021-03-08 10:24:52.682 am errorError upgrading app: groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Server Error

I have seen this error the last 2 times that I have done an upgrade, what fixed it for me both times is to reboot the hub from the settings menu then try again

FWIW, I'm on a C-3 with current FW

2 Likes