[BETA] Echo Speaks V4

Just in RM, no Alexa Routines or Echo Speaks actions. In RM for the Action type to add I select "Set Mode, Variables or File, Run Custom Action", then for Select Which Action i select Run Custom Action then for capability select Music Player then select your Alexa device, under custom command select playSoundByName then for the parameter select String and type in one of those sounds. You can also add number as well for the volume to set to and if you add number a second time you can tell it what volume to set it back to.

1 Like

Outputting to a single zone with many echos in it. They do not speak at the same time only sequentially if you use speak. Previously the very same zone would speak on all of the echos in the zone at the same time.

1 Like

My Fire TV sticks are now showing as unsupported devices that I can now remove. Is this expected?

They are still in my device list and reporting as online and don’t appear to be throwing any errors.

Hi,

Does this monitor alexa actions? For example, if I say something like "alexa turn off the tv," can I use RM/webcore to do "if alexa turns tv off, turn off outlet X?"

What is the deviceType shown with the device?

The two 4K Fire Sticks are the same - AKPGW064GI9HE
The third one is - A265XOI9586NML

The third one is the new version with the updated home screen, so it's actually newer than the 4K ones, but it's not 4K - there is also a light version of this one they are selling but this is not the light version.

The 4k ones show up as available for announcements, but they do not appear to work (and have not worked since I started using this just a few days ago - even before they started reporting as unsupported, but also I'm still getting things set up). The third one does not show as available for announcements.

I don't own any firetv's so i'm not sure announcements will work

Ok, I will keep testing things out. Mostly a nice-to-have for me. Really just wanted to make sure leaving them connected won't break anything.

I'm still pretty new at this, but the way I've achieved this is by creating a routine in Alexa and set her up to do the thing she would normally would (if there is anything she already does with that voice command), but then also triggering a Virtual Switch (or in your case it sounds like it could be a real switch) that I've created in Hubitat and exposed to her.

Edited to add that there is probably a cleaner way to do this - but also that you wouldn't actually need Echo Speaks at all to do it the way I described.

Thanks. Yes, I had tried with the sounds names and the playSoundsByName sent to my Echo devices with no luck.

I resorted to ExecuteRoutineId() and had the sounds played by the Alexa routines. That does work.

Maybe the fact that my Alexa speaks Spanish may be the obstacle to directly playing the sounds. (Their names are also in Spanish. I have tried with all possible names, starting with how they are spelled.)

It was quite useful to find the Routine’s Id with the Echo Speaks Alexa Routine Testing. BTW @tonesto7 the -run routine- button does not run them for me, but the Id is correct, and the ExecuteRoutineId(...) works correctly.

Would you mind showing your rule with the volume settings? I have the sounds playing but I am setting the volume by another command first. Didn’t know you could do it this way.

app:26902021-03-03 19:29:57.799 warn EchoApp (v4.0.8.0) | finishWorkQ | 400 | Bad Request | [extList:[[:]], nextOk:1614817805435]

US silence

On latest BETA Version, if I reboot the Hub it works for a while and then quits speaking. Here are the logs.

1 Like

Sure so here is one rule where I used a local variable called Dot Level to capture the volume before running a couple of different commands, I'm using the delay because of the to many commands to Amazon message.
Screenshot 2021-03-03 202129

I put in the parameters based on how they are shown on the device so for example with playSoundByName looks like this under the device.

Screenshot 2021-03-03 202455

So I select String as the first paramater and put the Sound, then select Number as the second parameter and put in the desired volume for the sound to play at, then select Number for the third parameter and put in %Dot Level% to use the parameter to return the Dot back to it's previous level.

2 Likes

Nice. Thank you.

I guess I was so focused on getting the buzzer sound to actually work that I missed the volume settings right in front of my face. Thank you again.

1 Like

Announcements to all devices do not go to FireTV, and firetvs are not available to select in the announcement action for routines, so I suspect it probably isn't going to work from ES.

I have debug disabled in the main app and in each Action, yet still seeing debug log entries in HE

Anyone else seeing this?

Nope. Don't know why, but I'm not.

Which entries are you seeing?

Action log/settings

ES App log/settings