[BETA] Echo Speaks V4

looks like update is in master branch

I always get an uneasy feeling about updates released on April Fool’s day.

4 Likes

I’m also getting a ‘fatal error occurred, rolling back’ error when trying to update in package manager this morning.

Error Occurred During Installation

An error occurred while installing the package: Failed to upgrade driver https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tonesto7/echo-speaks/beta/drivers/echo-speaks-device.groovy.’

Platform Version: 2.3.1.137

You can try to update the files manually to see if it is ES having the problem or something else.

• you can do the files 1 at a time.

You can also delete you instance of HPM, and re-install HPM

Hola amigos, tengo una regla que ejecuta que si se abre la puerta se pongan los echo a nivel 60 y me notifique "puerta abierta" me he dado cuenta que no me regula el nivel a 60, está a nivel 20, que es cuando tengo la regla en el echo, que desde las 9 pm a 09 am l el volumen de mis echo sea de 20, sabéis porque no me ejecuta el volumen?

HPM wouldn't update to 4.2.0.2 automatically. It did an automatic rollback.

I went through each of the device and app drivers manually. When updating the Echo Speak - Actions code, this was the error:

The current scope already contains a variable of the name testMode @ line 3938, column 13.

Version 4.2.0.1:

private void executeAction(evt = null, Boolean testMode=false, String src=sNULL, Boolean allDevsResp=false, Boolean isRptAct=false, Map tierData=null) {
String meth="executeAction"
Long startTime = now()
if((Boolean)settings.actTestRun) testMode = true

Version 4.2.0.2:

private void executeAction(evt = null, Boolean testMode=false, String src=sNULL, Boolean allDevsResp=false, Boolean isRptAct=false, Map tierData=null) {
String meth="executeAction"
Long startTime = now()
Boolean testMode = false
if((Boolean)settings.actTestRun) { testMode = true }

I commented out that line and it saved just fine.

I'm working on remerging. It's crazy how much code was not merged in by Git

3 Likes

Sorry about the issues please attempt to update to 4.2.0.2 again.,

2 Likes

I’ve been having a bit of issues with Github lately…

Lol... So many I'm not as incompetent as I thought I was :slight_smile:

3 Likes

All Good now - thanks :+1:

working for me too now..thanks!

@tonesto7 , I’m seeing an issue since updating to .03 today.

I did an hpm repair with no change.

Tony will need to fix a typo on the versions

You can fix it manually by editing line 37

• change the 4204 to be 4203 and saving
2 Likes

Of course it’s now 4204…as soon as I fixed line 37. I’m not actually complaining btw.

2 Likes

@tonesto7 and @nh.schottfam,
I just wanted to thank the two of you for all your repeated efforts to engineer a fix to the Resume Volume Level issue. After two failed attempts to resolve this issue (in 4.2.0.1 and 4.2.0.2), the Resume Level has finally been fixed in 4.2.0.4 and operates as expected! Thank you for addressing this. Your help and fix are much appreciated! ES is an invaluable part of my system (especially with regards to the WAF). Thanks.

1 Like

I appreciate your kind words!

I can't take much credit here. I haven't been doing much development lately it's been all @nh.schottfam with the fixes and optimizations. His understanding of the platform now is unparalleled.
He has helped me make ES and Homebridge more efficient than most built-in apps running on the hub.

I'm extremely grateful to him!

9 Likes

Why does my installed [BETA] Echo Speaks V4 show "Code Updates Available" and Hubitat Package Manager shows " No Updates Available" ?

FYI this is a thread for the BETA version which is long gone.
Issue could be from this bug which was discussed in the release thread and does not appear to have been fixed yet.

2 Likes