[BETA] Echo Speaks V4

Tira el hub por la ventana te vendo el mío jajajaka

1 Like

Have you configured Heroku to work with Echo Speaks?

Has configurado Heroku para que funcione con Echo Speaks?

Si, heroku esta configurado.

Your problem seems to be with your Heroku config, not with Echo Speaks.

Creo que tu problema está en cómo has configurado Heroku, y no con Echo Speaks.

Existe algun tipo de guia para configurarlo todo desde el principio?

On the threads here on Echo Speaks has been detailed to a big extent. You will need to go through a lengthy read.

En los hilos de discusión aquí de Echo Speaks se ha entrado en gran detalle de cómo hacerlo. Tendrás que darle una lectura a las larguísimas discusiones.

Sugiero que postees en inglés ya que así tendrás respuestas de toda la comunidad, en donde hay auténticos gurús que te darás respuestas más precisas que las mías.

I got it! Thanks you!

@tonesto7
So went to go set up Echo Speaks and got to the server setup. At this point during login I get to the page that said that amazon removed the websocket method and no longer works with it through groovy. Am I missing something or do I just have to wait until a solution is found?

get this

and this when I click goto login page

I have gotten all the way to trying to follow all the steps for the heroku server and once I get to step 4 nothing looks the same. I tried starting the server setup over and now it tells me the code i was provided is not available. Assuming this is because it is already setup. Yes I did the space backspace to make it available the first time and was pretty sure I hit deploy app.

I’ve noticed a bunch of these lately - anyone else? @tonesto7, any recommendations on how to resolve? I’m assuming it has to do with Amazon’s removal of the web socket method, and if so, might there be a setting that I can disable to stop generating the error?

Versions:

No, but I’m not using zones, and I note that your server is slightly old.

1 Like

Good point! I’ll update. Thanks for noticing! BTW - looks like the latest is 2.7.2.

Edit: Done. Will report back if the errors continue to appear.

1 Like

This also suggests your Heroku server is down....(or your local one if you are running it locally)

2 Likes

Thanks! I suspect that by going in and updating it to the latest version, it might have brought it back up. Will keep an eye on it.

Hi! Tks for a really amazing app.
I am having issues doing the following:
There are certain events during the day that triggers my RM in which I use Echo Speaks for making an announcement. in my rule I set a specific volume for when said announcements are made.

However, I need that, after the announcement is over the volume goes back to the level it was before.

I tried fixing that by, in the beginning of the rule, to have a local variable collecting the volume amount and, after the annoucement, set the volume according to the variable again.

However, Echo speaks is not collecting my correct volume level. I can see the variable keeps getting the incorrect value and therefore my logic doesn't work.
I see people have done something similar, could you give more clear directions?

Tks,
Bruno

1 Like

Anyone having issues Updating the Echo Speaks app via Package manager?
I'm running 2.3.1.134 of Hubitat but had the same issue under 2.3.1.133

Normally for me, it’s usually an issue in retrieving the code from Github.

I had no issues updating either.

What procedure did you use to update.
Package manager continues to fail.

Looks like you trying to update beta