[BETA] Echo Speaks V4

i modified the driver to give a little more info..the speak command is coming from a slightly complicated webcore piston but when it fails, I can press a samsung button and a simple webcore piston will speak every time to the same echo. I'm hoping if I can dump some more info I can see if the request is somehow different.

1 Like

HELP !! Is there ANY chance of getting expert help on this? I don't know how to solve this but this issue is pervasive.... my smart home is so dependent on echo speak but this behavior has me confounded....I've added debug code to help understand but i'm at the point where i don't know what to do next... FOR SOME REASON, many of my standard webcore pistons (telling me door is open, mailbox full,etc) are not spoken and in the logs its says the device is INACTIVE, but I can cause speech from them consistently from a simple webcore piston (pressing a samsung button). What I'm looking for is what can I log about the request that I can compare a good with a bad.....I've dumps several things and they are all the same...there has to be something else in the request that is wrong ......

One last thing...if I pause the webcore piston and restart it, it starts working(currently working but will fail soon).....but since echo speak is logging error...i really need to understand the request to echo speak ...below is the same piston working after doing a pause and resume

The "ignored.. Device is OFFLINE" messages are seen when the echo device is offline. You can see the history of this if you go to the device detail page, click "Events" button and search for "onlineStatus". When you see this message, you probably will also see the device showing offline in the Alex app.

There are various things that cause devices to be marked offline, but the most common I have seen is weak wifi signals.

1 Like

Hmm...never thought to look in the events .... thanks for the suggestion, although i'm pretty sure wifi is ok
Here is an example in the logs of my Kitchen echo (10' from mesh router) logging an error in Hubitat log

but there is NO event for that time in the events for that device

I get these error messages on a regular basis. BUT those devices are not offline in the Alexa app. AND those devices are still working/online when verbally asking them to do normal Alexa things. Something else is going on that makes Echo Speaks think its offline even thought its still online with Amazon's cloud servers.

When I trigger a routine manually from the Alexa app or my smart home automation, it doesn't run the entire routine. When the routine is triggered, the Echo Show should list tomorrow's calendar events and weather. Instead, it only says the number of events on the calendar and stops.

If I trigger it by voice, it works perfectly. If I run it on a speaker-only Echo, it works perfectly. The problem is when I try to run it on the Echo Show.

Do you have the routine setup to give response from "the device you speak to"?

No, to a specific device

Is the change by Amazon affecting more than the real time status updates that is being worked on?

We just came home from a trip and found announcements are not working at all. The command is going to the device as shown in the logs, yet she says nothing, not even with tests through the HE Device page...

Tried device refresh...

C-3, current FW
All Alexa Speaks SW is current as well

All my announcements were working yesterday and this morning.

There are no assumptions in echo speaks when it comes to the online state of devices. We only work with the data provided by Amazon,
:expressionless:

2 Likes

I had to change this line in Echo Speaks Device driver as it was saying OFFLINE and exiting

If it doesn't show up in echo speaks now, probably not.

I was using Echo Speaks successfully with echos and dots as expected. When I added some Eufy Genies (echo dot clones) ES would not see them even though they showed up in my alexa app and worked normally in all respects. Granted I added them after ES was setup but from the response I got in the thread, ES "should" have found them.

No offense to this fine app but I have since switched my alexa announcements to Node-Red and I am able to use the Eufy Genies without issue there.

According to another member of the forum the sonus speakers are directly supported by the builtin Hubitat TTS feature.

Starting this AM, I'm seeing this in my log. I can not access Echo Speaks off the app menu. Anyone have any ideas?

I am not seeing this problem. Working fine for me.

Wow... not even sure where to begin on this one - seems it's a bigger problem in my little world:

Well, I sure am glad that my Backend appears healthy.

1 Like
3 Likes

I am having the same exact problem, @tonesto7, as @jshimota after the most recent update using the package manager. Has a fix been found?

Estoy tratando de instalar Echo speaks pero cuando trato de logearme en Amazon pulsando en la siguiente imagen, me sale la ventana de la segunda imagen.

Alguien podria ayudarme, porfavor.