[RELEASE] Echo Speaks V4

Yea, it's been rebooted multiple times after all the recent HE updates. I'm not going to really worry about it at this point anymore being I'm the only one having the issue and have no plans to setup zones. I was just more curious if anyone else was having the issue but appears might be only me. It's been like that since v4.2.0.1 first came out last week.

Thanks for the suggestions thus far.

1 Like

I also have this issue except that mine shows Zones at 4.1.7. Everything works fine though, just annoying to see this.

What uses the zone device driver is the Zone's app (which I don't see installed)

I assume you have everything installed (zones app also)?

Have you created a zone (for test?)

Is there a zone device created under HE console -> devices?

I expect the error is benign, (we should find it and fix it), but it would be good to in a private message show us both

• what is installed (apps code screen shot, devices code screen shot of echo speaks entries)
  • what is created (apps screen shot, and devices screen shot)

This may help us figure out this and fix it.

I dont use the zones at all, and since one of the updates it does not even show a version for that driver. I was assuming because I am not using it.

Have you check BOTH the zone app and the zone driver code to be sure they are both updated and no duplicates?

1 Like

Both the zone app and device have the correct version. I deleted both the zone app and the zone device and reinstalled them with both HPM and manually using the URL. Didn't help at all.

I have never used the zone app at all, just use the echo devices for notifications.

@nh.schottfam the issue appears to be the codeVersions state variable does not clear everything out when not in use, and then also does not update it. So some people are left with stale info in there because they are not using the feature.

I created a Zone with a virtual device, clicked through and DONE on the app. Go back in and I have all the versions listed now (updated). I then removed the zone from within the app, again click through and DONE. After that the "Zone" version is gone but the "Zone Device" version remained. The app did not delete the zone device, So I manually deleted it. No dice, the Zone Device version is still stuck. Even removing the zone device from within the app does not clear out that state variable.

Also getting some various errors seems to revolve around the Zone Virtual Device. Only getting errors when I have that enabled.

App 1009 is "Echo Speaks" and the others are the Zone child apps.

I've upgraded to v4.2.0.4 and still get this 400 error for one Echo every 30 mins. Anyone have an idea on how to resolve this? That echo is the only Gen 1 device if that is important. Thanks.

I've been getting this error about every 15 minutes. Can someone tell me what this can be and a possible fix.

I running:

...and recently updated Hubitat to 2.3.1.142.

any help - much appreciated

...waited a day or so just to see what happens- Was consistently getting the error every 15 minutes. Thought it might be the Heroku server. It appears when the Echo Speaks, Alexa Login Service Cookie updated, the error stopped.

Looking for advice from those who know more about Echo Speaks:
...being a novice, I'm not certain if there's a way to prevent these type issues in the future?
Is there an easy way to not use the Heroku Server and run everything locally?
Can Heroku be configured to automatically update itself so I can always be current? (currently on Heroku version 2.7.1)

I think @nh.schottfam has code for the local server on his github. You’ll need an always on pc or server of some sort to run it through. I’ve been thinking about trying this since I have a pc running Homebridge already, but haven’t had the motivation yet.

EDIT: sorry, it is @tony.fleisher that has the local echo server on his github.

If someone could package it as a docker image for local use it would be great!

It looks like that’s already been done. GitHub - TonyFleisher/echo-speaks-server at docker-enablement

3 Likes

Oh, nice!

@tonesto7 is @tony.fleisher docker image compatible with your app?

It is a fork of the official server, so I would hope so.

Unable to manually redeploy Heroku server. Everything was working fine, but tried to do manual redeploy to update server from 2.7.1 to 2.7.2, and everything fell apart. Repeatable.

I have tried blowing everything away, doing HPM install of ES. That works fine, and installed the app from the new source. Fine. Followed redeploy instructions, removed Heroku server instance. Fine. Reset Options on Server Config page, navigated away, came back to Server Config page. Every time I click the “Begin Server Setup”, I get the following:

Don’t believe it matters, but 2.3.1.142 on C-7.

Any suggestions?

I just got this email.
The only Heroku app I use is Echo speaks server.
that suggests some problems can arise

We're writing to let you know that the names of the organizations your GitHub account is a member of, if any, were likely viewed as part of an attack campaign against GitHub customers. Unless you have received a separate notification from GitHub indicating otherwise, we do NOT have evidence to suggest that the attacker used your account to view other private information, such as repository names or content.

We've shared details of this campaign on our blog:

GitHub provides a platform that third-parties can integrate with by building various apps. These apps, and the secrets associated with them, are in control of the third-parties that build, own, and maintain the apps. Loss of control of these secrets can result in unauthorized parties using them to access the GitHub repositories for which they are authorized. This attack campaign did not result from a compromise of GitHub.com, but rather relates to the compromise of these secrets held by Heroku and Travis CI.

If you have questions or need assistance regarding affected OAuth applications maintained by Heroku, please contact Heroku Support (https://help.heroku.com/). Updates can be found on their status site: Heroku Status

I figured it out. ES was renaming the devices back to the original names, so the zones were reading the current names after ES loaded.

Alan

There's nothing to worry about on your end only on my end. I never received an additional email so my GitHub repo's were never accessed... luckily

I'm trying to get the ambition to completely rewrite the server to support local much better and add docker support.

10 Likes

I received it too. Thanks for clarifying and staying on top of it.

Tony has an update for this, will be in next he pushes out.

5 Likes