[BETA] Echo Speaks V4

Error that I have been receiving since update, Not often and I have no idea what it is indicating but it is coming from one of my Dot's

Echo (v4.1.1.1) | getPlaylists Response Exception | Status: (503) | Msg: Service Unavailable

@Robertgmcneill
This is what I did and it seemed to stop the same errors that you are getting.

Open Echo Speaks app, click on Alex Devices - Manage Devices, Unused Devices, at bottom click on Override Blocks and Create Ignored Devices, click Done, again click Done, once more scroll down and click Done.

Watch you Logs and see if that helped.
That what I did and now for some reason, I no longer get those errors anymore.

I recently did a transfer of the hub where Echo is installed to another (different IP) and I believe I am seeing this since then. Recommendations on what to do so that the information is sent to the right hub? Will try a few things to see if it works...

ERROR: Unable to send Alexa Cookie Data to Hubitat: 404

Errors I am getting on the old hub:

There should be "Cookie Service Management" on the same page below "Cookie Tools:...."

It sounds like you ES server (either local or Heroku) needs to get updated in its settings.

1 Like

Yes, it would make sense that this is what needs to occur. I suspect the “smartThingsUrl” and “hostUrl” Config Variable in the Heroku server needs to be updated to point to the right server. I will see if I can figure out the right URL/access_token...

I went to “Diagnostic Data” from “Manage Logging and Metrics” and notice that the External URL is not the same as what’s in the two fields above. I manually updated the config URLs above to the one from the External URL.

Unfortunately, now when I try to open the app in Heroku, I get:

So this might not have been right as the change is making the app crash apparently:

The logs are telling me “code=H10 desc=“App crashed” “

UPDATE: I ended-up re-creating the app in Heroku. Seems to work fine now. :slight_smile:

I am not successful in getting any custom strings to play, tried it in both sections but no luck

1 Like

Hi, can anyone help me? I am unable to get my echos to work. When for example I run a speech test I get “ Command is NOT Supported by this device “ I’ve tried both Echo and Echo Dot. Thanks.

I use Announcement Test

It would be good to show the actual logs.

I assume you have debug on for the ES main app?, if not enable it when you provide logs.

If you want to send as a private message, that can keep you Alexa ids out of public.

where do you install the server ?

Server: v2.6.0
Updates Required:
• Echo Speaks Server

If you just updated the code please press Done/Next to let the app process the changes.

You need to create a Heroku account and setup there:

https://tonesto7.github.io/echo-speaks-docs/hubitat/configuration/config_server/

I have an account.

Follow the steps in the documentation that was linked to above.

1 Like

Thank you for this! It's absolutely brilliant! I am so impressed and happy with the functionaily it has added to my new system!

2 Likes

Was looking at my logs and saw the following error.

Echo (v4.1.3.0) | CODE UPDATE required to RESUME operation. No Device Events will updated.

I just updated yesterday I believe, might have been the day before, via HPM. I had gotten my morning notice that there was an update.

I opened Echo Speaks and it said the Echo Speaks device needed to be updated, everything else showed up to date.

I had just ran update in HPM, as another package I had installed had an update. There was no update listed for Echo speaks. I ran it again to be sure. Still showed no update.

I then did a repair of Echo Speak in HPM and that seems to have fixed it. FYI, in case anyone else sees it.

So @ipaterson reports he made changes to the webcore ide for this

If you want to try it out, he reports it is on staging.webcore.co

It should display html in variables/strings better:

c46556b27ac8a932afae7c5e43f5b4c63583e023_2_690x421

2 Likes

Thanks, I'll have to give that a try.

I don't know if the repair REALLY fixed the problem for you, but it didn't do it for me:

Any other suggestions?

you should look at what files are in apps code and drivers code to understand if you have some issue or duplicates.

If you have duplicates, you should upgrade them manually, and then look at how to remove the duplicates.

In some cases folks have beta and production installed, hence duplicates

Question:
Is the one that is V4 marked as "BETA", or is it the production version?